Is there a way to make notifications hit my phone like any other notification?

I don’t remember disabling them or anything but so far, the only notifications I get are when I open the app and see the blue number on my avatar thing. I’m sure it was something I did to disable them, but I’d really like to have them audibly hitting my phone as well as a visual outside the app. My bad if this is something the app just doesn’t do.

you can go in your profile and go to “preferences” then click email, you can at least have it set up to send send email notifications. I don’t use the app so dunno about that specifically.

Thanks. I’m seeing now that it was the account option that had the typical notifications options.

I see you on your shit today lol. Thanks man

A less known fact is that you can visit any Discourse website (like this one) with your mobile browser, open the browser options and click “Install app”. This will create an app-like shortcut in your mobile phone home screen, and it will also bring “native” notifications (that you can fine tune in your preferences).

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you

You’re not talking about the open in app thing, are you?

Mmm not sure, in my Android-based phone it’s called “Install app”. I don’t have an “Open in app”, so maybe.

1 Like

I’ve started using Discourse Hub, so Elektronauts is basically like an app for me now. Works great, only issue is that notifications are only shown before selecting to boot Elektronauts, not on the upper right corner with a blue mark like in a browser. Does OP talk about the same issue and solved it? Bit confused by the thread.

Could it be the “add to home screen” thing?