Is there a better way?

My question follows,
I have been jamming for a while and have a nice tight groove going on the RYTM mk1.
How can I save the changes I have made to the original kit? (I know the trigs are auto saved).
So, I am not using samples, I changed things like synth settings, levels, compressor, reverb, not synth type.
Do I have to go and save and rename each drum I changed or is there an easier way.

Hi, you have to save it as a new kit. Kits are saved per pattern.

2 Likes

Ooh I like it. I’ll investigate. Thanx

Top tip. Always save a new kit on each new pattern if you don’t want to change the sounds on the other patterns too. On the flip side, the advantage of kits if if you have lots of patterns for a track but no longer like your kick, for example, you can change it on one pattern and the change will happen on all patterns.

4 Likes

To be precise, Kits are saved individually and are only Linked to one (or several) patterns.

To OP: you better do your homework and check out the data structure of the machine, this will save you a lot of wtf moments later on… there are good threads and videos about it

2 Likes

Yeah for some reason the RYTM seems trickier than the OT, MD, MM in saving and file access. But I think I got it now thanx.

It’s in fact exactly like the MD and MM, where you can reuse Kits.
A major upgrade is the fact that you can save and recall individual Sounds (ie patches), but also use the Sound Pool to create Sound locks.

As said above, read a bit about the data structure, it really makes sense.
Analog series have IMO the best implementation of Kits & Sounds among Elektron machines.

2 Likes