Is the Octatrack mki worth it?

…oh, come on guys…seriously…?
…all the same from scratch…?

…don’t u ever get tired to answer the same questions and discuss the same things again and again and again…?

1 Like

Nope.
Thats why its called a cult.
OCTACULT

1 Like

The mysterious goal of reaching Operating Thetan (OT) Level 1 is real.

i don’t spend a lot of time on this forum, so it’s helpful to get some thoughtful answers without having to dig through the archives. I appreciate the feedback, sorry if it’s bugging you or whatever.

1 Like

It’s a classic!
Differences are not obvious of course. :content:

I won’t leave my Million Dollar Baby for a Few Dollars More…

6 Likes

…well, then be at least a little more creative with the thread title…

…ur “question” is way too easy to spot here quite a lot already…
and even on utube all over the place since ages…

…cult is, if u have to tell or share something about it or come up with another trick that left u amazed and breathless…or really need an answer cause u got stuck or can’t get ur head wrapped around it…

for anything beneath, it’s all been told about the swedish cultbox soooo many times already, easy to find and read and to take it from there…no matter how often u drop in or been new to the game…

1 Like

You were also kind of right

The point is, it is better to try to do some research before you start a new thread.
Otherwise it gets boring for active users.

Please be comprehensive to each other, fight on the internet make everyone loose, included those who are not concerned.

2 Likes

It’s ok to ask what type of research someone did. I wasn’t specific when I made the post hoping that folks had insight beyond the YouTube stuff you might find. I understand what you’re saying, but like I said, I don’t have enough time to spend on this forum often to dig through posts with 100s of responses. Sorry if it’s boring, this thread was helpful for me since there aren’t a lot of MKI vs. MKII videos I can listen to while driving. Anyway, I think it’s better to ignore than to be hostile. have a good one

1 Like

Each cult also involves rituals. Answering the same questions with the same answers is such a ritual (a prayer in dialog form).

:wink:

Initiating the next post with another 100s of responses doesn’t make the situation in any way better for the next one after you.

1 Like

Being constructive in feedback would be super helpful and cool. Maybe you have a link to another thread to share. In other situations I’ve seen that happen. Definitely makes this forum feel needlessly hostile.

It got already mentioned above that your thread title is a fine search target. Why not simply try it like this?

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=octatrack%20worth%20it

The “Octatrack at year 8” thread from last year seems fine. Nothing new comparing to an OT got released since then. So every comment there is still “up-to-date”.

Bonus link (if you are not completely sure of the differences between Mk1 and Mk2):

3 Likes

Thanks for the links. The bit about cults and stuff is profoundly unhelpful.

This forum has always seemed to be one of the most respectful and helpful forums I have come across (for anything, not just music/gear). I’m also amazed at the amount of knowledge that can be attained with a little bit of searching. I’ve had a number of questions I was going to ask, but instead managed to find the answers after reading through a few old threads.

Worth it questions are often hard to answer as it has a lot to do with your own circumstances. That said, I’d say if you can find a MKi in good working order, for a reasonable price, your best bet is to give it a go and see if it gels. Give it some time, then decide for yourself. If you don’t like it, I don’t expect you’ll have too much difficulty finding a new buyer.

I’ve got the MKi myself and I’m still learning about it. I’ve had my share of ups and downs, but I’m sticking with it for now. I decided the extra cash I would’ve had to pay for a MKii, was better spent on something else.

I hope this helps. Give the forum a chance, there seems to be some great ppl here.

All the best.

4 Likes

I appreciate it. It might not have come across, but I’m curious about hardware life and things to look for. The links to chats about MKII models freezing are interesting and helpful. I can find MKII units have a 50 million button presses or whatever, but can’t find info about mki hardware like that. How old is your unit? Is it holding up well?

Again thanks for your kindness. I’ve definitely seen lots of that here and love it. Just a bummer when cats act like its reddit or something. Cheers

1 Like

I’m the second owner. I don’t remember exactly, but I think the guy I bought from said it was from 2015. I don’t think he used it very much, seems to be in great shape. I did have trouble with a USB transfer, but I didn’t bother to trouble shoot it because I had a card reader lying around. I think the MKi is pretty good value, but there are the usual inherent risks of buying used.

2 Likes

You’re moody. You don’t deserve an OT mate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He just needs to bow down to the eight armed goddess and confess to Cenk.

1 Like

I second Synthtastic on getting second hand gear that can come with risks but that’s it right?

I recently got my hands on a mint OT mkI for £700 and it came down to aesthetics. The grey one looks too boring to me but I guess when I need a new one I’ll get it anyway.

I used to be the kind of guy that wanted the newest version of something and even a brand new one not second hand but I got over that. There are differences but not big enough for me (a beginner if you will) to warrant paying an extra £450 for a new one.

Dig deep in the forum here, I left it for a couple of years and now I am back participating more now. Everyone is super chill and really helpful.

Enjoy the ride.

1 Like

do you have lot of money? in that case yes its absolutely worth it. keep mk1 as an Antique. if you don’t have lot of money, no it’s not worth it at all actually

2 Likes