Is the Monomachine a good brain?

Hi guys!
Is the Monomachine a good brain for a small dawless setup? Can it controls a pair of other synths in a satisfying way?
(In this case: Monomachine + Preenfm2 + 0-coast)

1 Like

Well, the satisfaction itā€™s about your goals.
Basic midi sequencing with some CC would be fine, but not so deep and not comparable to a DAW or an MPC.
Consider that you donā€™t have different lenghts per track with MNM sequencer.
The arpeggiator is a plus with the MNM, also about the sequence lenght workaround.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very good to know, so the arpeggiator can circumvent that limitation in some way!

2 Likes

Check Tarekitā€™s tips and tricks page, search for ā€œIntuitive arpā€.

http://tarekith.com/assets/monomachine_tipsandtricks.htm

2 Likes

I have used a Monomachine in this way for a while now, but as a sequencer it is starting to show its age, as others have said, it has no scale length or scale multiplier per track, no microtiming, no trig conditions. Octatrack is a better bet for this use case specifically, or a Digitone (no kits or song mode though). But I do love working on the MM, with a midi keyboard attached. I guess Iā€™m just used to it.

2 Likes

aye, itā€™s been the ā€œbrainā€ of my setup for over a decade now, but i also use an OT (and a couple of other seq) to overcome its limitations.

i think itā€™s worth a shot trying it for this purpose and seeing if it works for you.

1 Like