Is the Model Samples worth it if you have a Digitakt?

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll grab an MS, but it’ll be next year or so and I’m not selling anything to get it. I’m fairly tired of selling shit, my adhd has been a curse with the GAS (ADHD GAS should be in the DSM damn)

Thanks for the input y’all!

1 Like

Love this!

2 Likes

If Elektron only added Sampling/ Resampling, slicing, and higher sequencer resolution to the Model Samples no other competitor in the 300-$500 range could compete.

4 Likes

I own both and I’d say you don’t need MS if you have Digi.

2 Likes

just picked up a second Model Samples this morning, and it’s not a replacement. So if you ask do I think it’s worth it, I deux… I deux!

2 Likes

I went on an impulse and jumped straight into the OT many years back after spending time on other grooveboxes when I felt I was missing the knobs. I don’t have a Blackbox but I’m imagining you’re probably feeling wanting to feel your music more organically. During the lockdown I got myself the DT and while I was better at it than with the OT, it was still a struggle for me to wrap my head around Elektron’s way.

Enter the Models series. It was fun, it gave me the knobs and it finally hit me on the head how to go about with Elektrons. So much so I “upgraded” to their Analog boxes, and brought the DT and OT back to my desk. So, yeah… it depends on how comfortable you are with deep diving into Elektron. Some people are better at it, I know I’m not but the Models was a smart addition and now I’m hooked with Elektron.

1 Like

Regardless of your tools already in possession, the M:S is worth having.

It sounds great. The encoders are the best I’ve used. Pretty much 1 knob per function makes it an ideal live tweaking sketch pad. The reverb is excellent.

Cons: the 6 pads are absolutely terrible. The delay is mediocre. The absence of an ENV attack fase is a bummer. It doesnt click too much (except with bassy sounds), but the initial fase is pronounced too much. It would have been a near to perfect unit if the pads had a better response and if the envelope had an attack fase.

1 Like

the pads are hard but the Model samples, best machine for banging out dope drum fills in live mode, tweak with chance knob to taste

1 Like