Is The Elektron Dark Trinity Still The Ultimate Goal in 2022?

Its all good Craig.:slight_smile:

1 Like

But are you trolling those posts? Genuine question.

Iā€™m not sure what your saying. Its a straight-up question. The Trinity has been around for quite some time and do people still view it as the the ultimate in 2022?

Iā€™m saying thereā€™s been a spate (almost an Elektronauts in joke or meme) to phrase things as ā€œis X still relevant in 2022?ā€ Like why would the ticking over from 2021 to 2022 suddenly make X absolutely worthless? I thought youā€™d phrased it that way for a laugh to be honest but maybe not :thinking:

Not worthless thats taking it way too extreme. Just not the pinnacle it was.

1 Like

Okay, youā€™re asking seriously. Iā€™ll butt out. Sorry for being off-topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not one for cheap laughs. I leave that to the expert humourists here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Youā€™ll probably get some of them before the nightā€™s out. @Fin25, got any opinions on the question? Iā€™m being off-topic again tho. Feel free to flag the fuck out of me, people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were both on the same page with that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure my opinion is still relevant in 2022.

Ever since I bought that Syntakt Iā€™ve lost a fair bit of focus as a company.

My new OT should arrive tomorrow, so sound quality joke or whateverā€¦

Seriously though, the shit that @mpiecora is doing with his OT performance mixer templates should be taken as a timely reminder that any drum/synth/sampler setup with an OT in it is very powerful for live performance and I canā€™t think of any better drum machines/synths to go with it for live performance than the AR and A4.

10 Likes

Was rather late to the Elektron party. Havenā€™t tried A4, rythm or octa yet but i do love my DT/DN/AH trinity very much.

1 Like

For some people it might be relevant!
I donā€™t use the OT anymore, maybe just for transfering projects carefully to my MPC.
I rather have my dual-union: AR+A4

3 Likes

The only true trinity is OT, A4, DN.
Cause these are the ones I kept :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Sorry, I allowed myself to be a bit of troll with the suggestion of the thread title :see_no_evil: the original thread title meant pretty much the same though, only worded a bit differently.

1 Like

I feel you on the ā€˜being overwhelmed with optionsā€™ thing. Iā€™ve been trying to minimize/right size my setup this year, and even the AR+OT duo makes my head explode because of all the options.

I guess everyone should look for a setup that works for them and inspires them. For me, I think having 1 elektron machine as my centerpiece is perfect. For you, the 3 together might just do it!

3 Likes

AR+A4 is a super combo

A bit like Grimer Wormtongue whispering in my ear. I foolishly took the advice :rofl:

1 Like

Owned all 3. They are great, but I pared it down to the Octatrack, which I continue to be fascinated with.

Sorry, didnt mean to reply to your post @Octagonist

2 Likes

See thatā€™s the thing with the big Elektron boxes. Once youā€™re using more than one of them, it can easily become a huge headache.

Iā€™m in the process of building a live setup that involves the OT, A4 and ST and Iā€™m a bit worried about it getting overwhelming. Iā€™m hoping that by narrowing down each boxā€™s role, I should be alright. My plan is to use the OT almost exclusively as a performance mixer/FX box (with maybe one track for 909 hats), the ST for most of the actual music and the A4 as a filterbank/processor for my Polivoks, which Iā€™ll most likely sequence with the ST, just to keep all the sequencing in one place.

I think the problem comes when youā€™ve got the big trinity is you probably constantly sort of feel like youā€™re under-utililizing one or more of the boxes, which might make you think replacing it with something simpler is the answer, which it might be, I guess.

6 Likes

Youā€™re planning to play live with a Polivoks? Isnā€™t that a bit too dangerous for that precious piece of gear? But iā€™d love to hear that live.

1 Like