Is the digitakt slice machine allocation midi controllable?

would be cool if i could automate or p-lock the linear/random locks for the slice machine, is this somehow doable?
theres nothing on the manual about it so probably not but maybe someone figured out a work around?

Not sure to understand your request. The actual procedure is pretty fast.

Put some trigs corresponding to Grid value
Press Yes
Create Linear/Random locks : Yes

Here I have a 64 steps loop I want to divide in 32, in order to have a slice each 2 step.
I place 8 trigs on the first page, add 3 more pages with autocopy activated.

Maybe you’d want trigs created automatically ? It has been the case during last DT1 beta test but it was buggy.

ive been playing around the past hour and it seems that if i automate the slice selection with an lfo it almost does what i want to do, but i have to use both lfo’s, one to automate the slices and one to control the depth of the first lfo so i can bypass the random slice selection, its pretty fun but i wanted to use the lfos for other setttings.

that exactly what im looking for, how do i get in on this beta? id love to try it out if possible

I haven’t the right to send a beta and I wouldn’t recommend to use a buggy one anyway.

1 saw lfo suffice imho. It is better to have trigs.

ill give saw lfo a shot, ive been playing with the random wave. thx

1 Like

Random is…random :content:
I usually use a saw, start from the slice in the middle + 1, because SAW is bipolar.
Slice 33 for a 64 slices grid.
Depth 32. Speed 32 and choose Multiply…

Find the regular playing, then mess with it.

@jose_no what about MIDI in the thread title ?

1 Like

would be great if i could p-lock or send a midi cc to the creation of the random/linear locks (when i physically press yes on the dt) say for ex. i want step 13 of page 2 of my sequence to trigger random lock creation…