Is the A4 MK1 dead now?

ok, only software-bugs, so no new features

if you are a keyboardplayer you should look somewhere else, Kurzweil, Korg, Yamaha, Roland

or for example this

it has a touch of future

or this

even with a DSP

or

for serious minds

or at last a sing-along
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/813dsBEd9zL.SL1500.jpg

and even a drum-machine called the

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71MgPTO2OKL.SL1000.jpg

:smirk:

3 Likes

Well, you never know what “etc…” might be…
Here’s the latest:

I wouldn’t/don’t expect anything, but nowhere has it been explicitly said no new features…

2 Likes

That’s never been stated … and fwiw, there’s also been clues to affirm that any development will work for both (as per OT situation)

The key difference is that the A4 MK2 uses a different OS, presumably predicated on the radically different UI (in terms of screen) - but the underlying synth architecture is common enough to deploy any enhancements designed for MK2 back to Mk1 … at least that’s the inference Cenk gave unofficially in the forum

Also see further evidence I’ve just spotted in the preceding post

So there’s nothing to suggest it’s feature complete, nor is there anything to suggest there’s something in the pipeline (after all, they’re already exceptionally deep)

3 Likes

And you really believe that? :slight_smile: Given that the A4 MKI is now listed under “Legacy Products” you can definitely expect NO new update anymore. Thats it.

1 Like

well, we’d best just agree to differ on this … my only reservation is the fact that the synth is already highly flexible; also that Elektron seem perennially busy and behind … the legacy mk1 OT is about to get an update after two years of waiting

2 Likes

Well, as quoted earlier in the thread it has been mentioned twice by two different Elektron employees that the A4 mk1 will certainly continue to get updates… Features, that’s in the air, could just be bug fixes…

As far as the “legacy products” section, that’s where OT mk1 is and we’re all eagerly awaiting it’s update with new features 7 years in after it’s been declared by hundreds of Elektronauts for years that Ableton will freeze over before this happens…

8 Likes

So will ngvig