Is my screen scratched?

My Digitakt not only has a stuck button (trig 1), it also has a scratched screen. Also, it was not properly glued at one of the angles.

Is yours like that too?

(more pictures in the album)

EDIT: There was a protective film that I haven’t noticed, screen is fine.

Is there plastic film on it? Previous boxes shipped with a protective film on the screen…

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem that there is a plastic film on it.

From your picks it looks like there is to me…

1 Like

By the texture it looks like there is, the one on my A4 was so neatly placed that it took until the corner started lifting a couple of years later to realise.

1 Like

Carefully check in one of the corners with the nail of your thumb or similar. All my Elektrons have this film on their displays and so far I’ve left all of them on, even though it shows in some areas (e.g. tiny bubbles on my DTs display). Still better than getting scratched, I guess.

1 Like

You are right, it is indeed a protective (?) film. Screen is fine and I am dumb.

It still has to go back though, that stuck button is driving me nuts…

5 Likes

According to some, buttons get unstuck after some use.

I’ve left mine on too, some more years in I’ll take em off and have new screens! :wink:

2 Likes

I dropped a patch lead on my A4 screen last year, and was really worried that I’d scratched it so badly that I’d need a replacement. Then I realised from reading posts on here that there was in fact a protective film over the screen; so I’ve left it on in case of further mishaps…

Hi starmanwarz i alsso have the display not glued up properly in the right side of the display, did you manage to fix it?

Yep, just press it gently and it should be ok. i haven’t had any problems since then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it works when you press it but in the mornings it still popping up a bit(whit 1-2mm), probably from the temperature difference

I put blue painters tape over all of my screens to protect them…

2 Likes

give it 1000 hits and it will not be stuck…

maybe you could edit the title of the thread since it was not the case… ;-))) the more digitakt are sold, the more development on it we get…:+1: i guess…

Heh, I guess you are right…

1 Like