Is my DT haunted? -SOLVED-

Hey ‘Nauts. I’m having a weird issue with the Digitakt and am hoping for suggestions. I’m not set up to shoot video but am happy to try experiments.

THE ISSUE:
In all patterns I’ve tried of one specific project (including new patterns I create to test the issue), pads 5 and 6 trigger sounds when pressed, and record correctly in step sequence or live record modes … but the sounds on those pads (5 and 6) are silent when the sequences are played back.

SOME INFO:
When the sequence plays, I can still see the silent pads blinking when they should be sounding, and those hits are still in the sequence when I look for them in step sequence mode. The sequencer “knows” the pad 5 and 6 hits were played.

The problem happens regardless of the samples assigned to pads 5 and 6 in SRC. The problem happens with factory default samples or my user samples. Changing the samples after creating the sequence doesn’t help either.

When I created a new project and set up the same situation, the problem vanished. Pads 5 and 6 sounded normally on sequence playback.

WHAT I’VE CHECKED:

• In TRIG: Prob is 100%. LEN is 1/16h. No conditional trigs on the Pad 5 and 6 hits. VEL for individual hits is default (100). Other settings were also left at defaults.
  • In SRC/FLTR/AMP/LFO: All settings left at defaults. When I check in those screens, all same settings for the silent pads (5-6) as on the pads that sound normally (1-4, 7-8).
  • In MASTER, internal mixer screen: All pads (including silent pads 5-6) are set to level 100, the default.

Any ideas?

Right now I’m thinking either a corrupted project, or ghosts.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s hell man! Hopefully you will find a good exorcist to get the daemon out of it!

1 Like

Great thread title! I didn’t see you say you checked mute modes (purple and green) but I’m going to assume you checked the mute modes, you checked mute modes right? Check the mute modes. Lemme know about that but yes, very spooky digitakt my friend!

6 Likes

Global mutes or similar?

2 Likes

He should check the mutes don’t you think?

2 Likes

holy water! the only solution!

2 Likes

I came here to talk about mute modes. Not disappointed

6 Likes

You have a heart of solid gold Dave.

2 Likes

Is it DEPECHE MUTE MODE?

4 Likes

I didn’t. Thanks!

I knew there was one thing I didn’t know, but I didn’t know what that one thing was. Now I know.

Will follow up.

1 Like

“Let me say one word to you, young man: MUTES.”

Will check it. Thanks!

Thanks! Funny, that word was just dancing around my head, somehow. But I hear lots of things no one else hears.

I’ll follow up re these … mutes ….

1 Like

@shigginpit @Uzinusa @DaveMech

Yes! Goddamit, yes! GLOBAL MUTES! Fixed. thank u thank u thank u

The funniest/saddest part: In my explorations, at one point I remember seeing many pads lit in green … and thinking, “That’s interesting. I wonder what it means. Oh well, can’t waste time on that now, gotta fix this problem …”

Possibly drummers shouldn’t be allowed near electrical devices? For our own safety. As the great Brazilian percussionist Airto said, “I hit THINGS with THINGS, that is what I do.”

Thanks again all!

7 Likes

booyakasha

12 Likes

You can always try that too :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Everything is potentially a drum!

3 Likes