Is it possible to record a sample, assign it to a track, but not save it?

Hi all,

I was working on a project last night, and this morning I see that one of the tracks is not playing anything, and I look, and the sample it was using was gone. I could swear it was there last night when I saved the project. I know there is some user error here somewhere, but I am not sure where, any theories?

Thanks.

Did you save the whole project?, or the pattern to project?. Pattern save does not include project ram data so although you will get all the track parameters saved any new samples/sounds added to the ram need to be saved separately through Whole Project Save.
e2a If you can recall what is was called it might be in the +drive, I cant remember if they are automatically saved.
Also If you havnt loaded another project since last using it the memory should be as it was left, meaning the sample shouldn’t be missing under the above explanation, in which case best make a ticket with Elektron support.

What did you do last night? :pl:

Isn’t the sample saved even if you don’t save the project? :thinking:

It looks like the samples are saved to the drive right away though, no? As soon as you take a sample, you have to save it before assigning to a track, right?

I did save the whole project, yes.

Afaik, yes, Recorded folder. So I don’t know why you’d have to save the project or anything to keep the sample…