Is it possible to export midi data from pattern/project?

Searched the Forum, couldn’t find an answer…
I’m wondering if it’s possible to export the midi data, notes, pattern etc… from the DT via .syx or other method. Thanks!

I don’t think midi is an easily extractable part of the .syx dumps, and I don’t think there’s an easier way to get all the midi out of a pattern without copying all the sound tracks to midi tracks and pressing play. Sorry to have bad news, though someone else might have a faster solution.

1 Like

not sure there’s a way to export everything directly, but you could connect the DT to your DAW via midi and then record the incoming midi data from the DT into the tracks in your DAW

1 Like

There’s a guy on here who has figured out the sysexes for M:S and M:C and something else too (A4 maybe) in order to do his own software (i.e. he hasn’t published any guides that I know of).

Will search and update here If I can find him .

EDIT: This is his thread on ‘Tensor’ which can create midi patterns for M:S and M:C. May be worth asking him if he ever investigated the Digitakt.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I suspected there wasn’t an “easy” way of doing it, recording midi into a DAW is not a viable option for my purposes. Thanks again!