Is it better to convert your samples to mono before upload?

Ok cool, I get you.

So what happens when you sample from the analogue inputs, does that sum both channels to mono or also discard the right side?

You can choose when sampling with the Digitakt. Quote from the current manual (page 49):

Source selects between different incoming audio sources to sample from.

• EXT L sets the input source to INPUT L.
  • EXT R sets the input source to INPUT R.
  • EXT L+R sets the input source to INPUT L+R. The audio is summed together to mono.
  • INT L sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio left channel.
  • INT R sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio right channel.
  • INT L+R sets the input source to the Digitakt internal audio L+R channels. The audio is summed
    together to mono.
1 Like

Good to know, thank you.

2 Likes

Another alternative that I like to batch-convert several audio files is MediaHuman Audio Converter (free)

2 Likes

Or do i have to convert them before I transfer?

I really wish the Transfer app would’ve made it clear it’s not summing up but only uses one channel.

I’m transferring a bunch of sample and it’s taking a while. I just noticed that I can’t activate Turbo Mode on my DT for some reason. Any idea why?

i have never been able to access turbo mode on my rytm either

Do you have go enable turbo mode for the new app?

Nothing so mysterious or new: If you connect the DT to you computer via USB, and choose the Digitakt MIDI ports in Transfer, it is just using MIDI over USB.

MIDI over USB 2.0 (DT is 2.0) is 1,000x or more than MIDI over DIN.

1 Like

Correct, Turbo only applies if you are using the DIN interface. Over USB it is irrelevant.

1 Like

Does summing the stereo sample to mono double the volume? Is there risk of clipping?