Is hitting [FUNC] + Proj ( Save ) the same as SYNC TO CARD or are they different?

I did some digging and found a couple good threads on this, but they were all for mki. I’m wondering if hitting [FUNC] + Proj ( Save ) on mkii is the same as SYNC TO CARD. Im hesitant to replace my cf card/ update to 1.31 until i know for sure. And if I do have to go back and sync every project i’ve done, whats the best method for this without losing data. Thanks yo!

The manual has it all.

[FUNC] + [PROJ]

SAVE saves the project. As all changes to a project are automatically cached on card, saving a project and then reloading it is the only way to return to a specific project state. In general you should save a project once you are satisfied with it. When performing a SAVE command the project will be synced to card as well. You can also press [FUNC] + [PROJ] to quick save the project.

Just do…

Before ejecting the Compact Flash card the active project should always be synced to the card, by using the SYNC TO CARD operation. Otherwise changes will be lost. For more infor-mation, please see “8.4.1 PROJECT” on page 31.

SYNC TO CARD is a recommended operation before ejecting the Compact Flash card as it will sync the cache to the card. Removing the card without first card syncing the project might result in data losses. If a project has been saved using the project SAVE command, information about the saved state will be written to the card as well.

…to be save.

I already updated to 1.31, no problems yet.

1 Like

was it OB!? hahaha jk, the dimmer/screensaver is actually a sweet user requested feature tho, so that’s positive. Thanks for all the help folks.

As this is asked and answered in the existing thread on the subject Octatrack - What am I missing when saving a Project?, I’ll be closing this one.

4 Likes