Is Elektron sending us a secret message?

Pardon the weird title, but I just noticed something peculiar :slight_smile: On both the Digitakt II and Syntakt promo photos, Elektron has used the exact same step arrangement on the trigger keys. Have a look below:

• Trigs on steps 1, 4, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15
  • P-lock trigs on steps 2, 12, 16
  • Current active step (being played is) 5

Are they sending us some secret message?

6 Likes

Guess we’ll know shortly, if this post is allowed to stay up or not :grin:

“The forum post they don’t want you to see” :joy::joy:

Edit: Wouldn’t surprise me if this is some sort of regular script they use for a consistent reproducible marketing approach or something

7 Likes

I think the sequencer is supposed to show the customer a varied layout of options and that’s it.

Not aware of any hidden messages though people tried to look for meaning in the E25 font sprinkle: E25 easter egg hunt

2 Likes

Yes, you figured it out: it clearly spells out “Tonverk”.

16 Likes

The secret message is “Go outside, get away from your computer for a while”.

Actually, that might just be my own message to myself.

17 Likes

Octatrack mkiii confirmed.

17 Likes

You’re right, it seems like the trig lights make out a message…

55 Likes

You should ask Thomann, maybe they will spill the beans (again).

On a more serious note: I assume someone was once tasked with finding a good trig placement to show the different variations without confusing customers. This is what they’ve settled on, so they’re sticking to it. No need to change it for every new box.

6 Likes

Yes, if you play it backwards (feature request) it says: “DN II sells whelks in Hull” (backmasking it obviously) #OzzyWasHere

5 Likes

See, this is how I know Half-Life 3 is just around the corner.

17 Likes

That’s just lazy use of Clipart. I mean even the knobs are in the same position.

5 Likes

The secret message: “Here’s a cool kick pattern! Try it!”

6 Likes

TheyLiveOBEY-519x346

11 Likes

I am excited to report the amazing results of testing this secret pattern on my Digitakt! Turns out, if you use this pattern to play a sample of a Tibetan singing bowl resonating at 432 Hz, it makes magic things possible. It brought to life a dying succulent I use for video shoots and miraculously made my Analog Four 16-voice polyphonic!

15 Likes

Sound clips or it didn’t happen

6 Likes

What a funny coincidence. I’m posting from a bunker and I type this exact sequence of numbers into an old computer console every few hours to reset a countdown timer. No idea what happens if I don’t.

16 Likes

Congratulations! 1-2-4-5-8-9-11-12-14-15-16 is the tracking number of the Digitakt II package from Thomann to your bunker.

4 Likes

The sad thing is i enlarged the image Deckard style and printed off a hard copy for reference .

3 Likes

Give me a hard copy, right there

1 Like