iPhone / iOS simple WAV recording app

I have GarageBand on my iPhone but I swear I can’t figure out how to export/share audio from it without any effects. I have all the FX in the program turned down to zero, but when I click “Share” on my project and email it to myself, the resulting file has a bit of reverb applied.

Anyway, I just want to plug my Model:Samples into the lightning port on my phone and record mixdowns. So I’m looking for a very simple app that can record and export WAV files at 16-bit, 44.1kHz. I’d like it to be as simple as possible, no frills necessary.

Any suggestions?

Blocs Wave.

1 Like

AudioShare

5 Likes

AUM is a complete sentence

3 Likes

+1 to AudioShare.
simple app to record, trim, normalize, and move audio files around.
if you ever need something more mixer-like, then look into AUM. both are fundamental, but you don’t need AUM to record a simple stereo file.

4 Likes

That drives me insane. IT IS A FULL ANSWER!

1 Like

Good point and I believe that there are FX slots in AudioShare right? A limiter would be important at a minimum for live recording.

1 Like

The Voice Memos app can record via a sound device connected to the lightning port, you can do basic editing like trim and share to dropbox or files. Free and simple.

I use it to share files to this forum.

1 Like

Yes as long as you have an app for that. You can have several slots of effects
image|294x500

1 Like

Sadly records to a lossy format, instead of wav :-/

2 Likes

Can you actually record audio files with AUM? I thought it was just a mixer

yeah you just enable record for each track you want to record. If you want a stereo mix you send each track to a mix bus and then enable Rec on the channnel that receives the mix bus. Recordings automatically go into audioshare.

2 Likes

AudioShare for the basics. Hokusai 2 if you think you need light editing, for things like fade-in and fade-out.

Whoa! I just saw that little R button!

1 Like

Ah yes, totally overlooked that part.

1 Like

Nice, this looks like exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

1 Like