iPad Music Apps?

Just hooked up Koala to my Digitone but the Koala recording is kind of low. How do I get good levels?

I’m assuming your are going Digitone into the iPad/iPhone via USB,
In the Digitone menu (sorry don’t have mine in front of me),
You are looking for Audio routing (?) or audio settings,
And there is an option to increase the USB sound levels up to +12db if I remember correctly.

Just in case anyone reading this thread isn’t also reading the Audiobus Forum… new collaboration between Bram Bos and Hainbach, a granular app called Fluss, looks pretty compelling…! Bram Bos / Hainbach — Audiobus Forum

10 Likes

I ended up purchasing SAND and so far I really like it. It’s definitely not an AUM killer, more like an alternative for people who want something more minimalistic and straightforward; also for someone who wishes AUM had a built in sequencer that could trigger patterns a la ableton’s clip launcher. It’s still a little buggy, so hopefully that gets ironed out, but the developer’s roadmap for the app looks really promising. Some of what’s currently in development includes: step-sequencing, automation, song mode, and midi import/export.

Side note: I mainly bought this to use with the idd folks that I work with. I’m always looking for ways to make electronic music production more straight-forward for people who struggle because of their disability. This app and Koala have proven to be a godsend. I’m so excited to see what people end up creating!

5 Likes

Looks interesting. ‎Fluss - Granular Playground on the App Store

2 Likes

YeH it’s pretty dope. Falls nicely in the Morphagene/Chase Bliss musical/happy accident toy box.

Quick neudle w/Drambo automation & scene fader on pitch & stuff on 3 x Fluss instances & a Fluss processer on Master track -

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl0tBS2PHpJ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes

I posted this in the Current Sounds Coming from your gear:

To sequence I used Octachron hosted in Drambo, and for processing - Silo, Tails, Shaper 2 - also hosted in Drambo, then Toneboosters MBC on the mixdown,

Straight from the horses mouth ear tingling video p@rn Fluss demo…

Edit - shake randomize feature is going to give me a good workout.

3 Likes

Yeah I purchased it too and I’m actually really enjoying it as-is, although some more stability would definitely be welcomed. I like how it’s similar to Korg Gadget but the measure count is seemingly infinite so the problem of repetitive loops is fairly easily avoided. I also love how I can incorporate techniques from Renoise by triggering phrases from SunVox and Koala with one note. It’s really inspired me to dig deeper into SunVox especially for sound design to create more AUV3 synths. There are actually a few apps I’m suddenly enjoying delving deeper into in conjunction with Sand. I still love AUM for recording my Model:Samples and a synth or two controlled by Riffer but for less techno-y and more detailed arrangements Sand is pretty great so far.

One gripe I have is that I can’t access my presets in Moog Model D. For some reason Model 15 works fine but D won’t allow access. Hope he or Moog fixes that because it’s one of my main workhorse synths.

2 Likes

DCAP Knock coming soon

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning Nambu—I’m finding it to be the deep fm/digital sound design synth for iPad I’d been hoping was out there.

For me after a long evening of playing, I’m finding it’s really intuitive and enjoyable, and it looks like it’ll fill a Digitone/Peak/Hydrasynth-shaped gap (for my short-term purposes anyway!) with an immediate-but-powerful touch app.

maybe use the normalize function in koala .
did it when i recorded my digitone and it’s loud enough.
koala is so quick and easy for sampling love it !

Free stereo analyzer

Dunno why I never heard of Scaler before. Looks useful

3 Likes

I like the Toneboosters range of apps, no nonsense! Cheers for that Goniometer :+1:

Beatly Pro update has hidden new feature (non-music related) read notes to discover.

TC-11 and TC-Data on sale.

From Baby Audio on Monday…

3 Likes

I got Drambo during the sale and really dig it. Does anyone have a favorite controller they like to use with the iPad (and with Drambo if you have it)?

There’s a thread on audiobus about that you might find helpful:

I’ve been wondering about one of these or one of the Korg minis, but this has a crossfade though less buttons.

1 Like