iPad Music Apps?

3 Likes

this one just released for desktop is wonderfully gonna be released for ios before the end of the year hopefullyā€¦ itā€™s like patterning on steroids

I used the VariPseed and loved it instantly. Then I began to wonder where all the other features wereā€¦ :thinking:
I realised I got confused because I had been watching vids on the B2 Binson :joy:

Picked up the B2 Binson straight after.

Iā€™ll definitely grab the Space Echo. All this money on tape emulations I couldā€™ve picked up a real Space Echo. Man :drooling_face: that machine is just awesome!

This is some mighty fine work by the dev :fire:

1 Like

Yeah but you donā€™t have to service or maintain an emulation, so your winning technically speakingā€¦:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s great testament to the dev that the two apps offer very different sounds covering very different things/needs and Iā€™ve zero doubt that the Space Echo will be the same.

1 Like

ruthless spam alert - COTCD Model D Vol.2 released today. Big thnx in advance to anyone that checks it out/cops itšŸ™
Sloppy demo Pt.1 -

1 Like

Hopefully only a slight tangentā€¦ Iā€™ve got a smaller screened iPhone incomingā€¦ Any tips for iOS music stuff thatā€™ll still be fun to use? I think Iā€™m thinking individual apps for later export. But is anyone running a full AUM setup on there and not hating it?

Iā€™ve got Koala and Patterning on the shortlist so far. Still have to check which of my current iPad apps are universal

1 Like

Koala sampler on iPhone is good. I havenā€™t tried Patterning on iPhone just because itā€™s a separate purchase.

I also on occasion use a few synth apps just for presets and not tweaking which goes fine.

I do have AUM but tbh never made much use of it on iPhone. I imagine if you set up a template for what you want and had a controller mapped it would be fairly decent at a pinch.

1 Like

Cheers. Definitely wonā€™t get too carried away, as I have a nice iPad set-up already. Just want a few things to play with when Iā€™m queueing at Lidl. And yeah, am considering AUM again for the possibility to jam and record (no controllers). Doable on a sub-5" screen, or will I likely hate it?

Definitely doable, I think it only runs in portrait mode and shows only one channel at a time, so easy enough to use the channel.

If you have your iPad and iPhone linked to the same account or even linked as family accounts, then you can freely install any apps youā€™ve already purchased and try them out. Itā€™s only some that have a dedicated iPhone version which you might have to purchase again, but I think theyā€™re relatively rare.

2 Likes

Ah OK, thanks, good to know - Iā€™ll get testing what I have already.

Any tips of stuff that works particularly well stand-alone on iPhone still appreciated :slight_smile:

I use AUM on my smaller phone when Iā€™m messing around. I use midi generators so I donā€™t have to play a little keyboard for baselines etc.

Hammerhead inside AUM for quick beats, Koala, play around with my different delays and effects, record something if it sounds good or to chop up on my bigger screens.

1 Like

Elastic Drums, Tweakybeat, Koala, iElectribe, Hammerhead and mirack (yeah seriously) are my standalone phonefaves :+1:

I think only the Korg iElectribe isnā€™t universal šŸ«”

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

Much obliged šŸ«”

3 Likes

Just a heads up Amazon (here in US) is currently offering the 64gb standard iPad (9th gen with headphone jack) for 279$ (about 60$ off regular price).

KQ Unotone

2 Likes

Korg iDS-10

Korg Gadget as well

Also Minimic

1 Like

Thatā€™s an insane deal given what you get buuutā€¦ if you plan on making music with it, 64gb is a nightmare, couple that with the way ipados manages files (importing to an app means duplicating) and youā€™re out of space in a heartbeat.
I got this very ipad not so long ago and Iā€™ve been pulling my hair out since

I have about 5-6 iPads. 256, 128, 64, etc.

So for me itā€™s not a nightmare. A choice selection of most used apps stands at about 8-9gb for me. My mothership iPad pro has all the apps when I need them all. Which is never. I never need them all.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some apps I keep on my device to serve as reminders to think twice before I impulse buy

4 Likes