Introducing the T4!

does it work as MIDI Host? Allowing me to Plug the OP1 in and use the MIDI Ins/Outs to hook it up to other gear?

1 Like

Cool! Congrats on getting it done guys!

3 Likes

@umonox We are looking into enabling USB host mode. The T4 has USB input and 4 MIDI outs.

4 Likes

Quick update: we’ll be able to ship the first units in early August! The Gibbons are lightning fast!

1 Like

So, with this I should have rock solid sync for my elektron devices in my Daw?

1 Like

Yes :grin:

how do you get around the inherent scheduler interrupts of the USB protocol? It handles the MIDI data as an audio stream?

the T4 does not handle the incoming MIDI data as an audio stream :relaxed:

so could i plug this into digitakt/other things with usb midi out and hook it up to 4 devices (assuming none of them have midi thru) ?

e.g
circuit
engine
digitakt ?

1 Like

as long as what you connect to it has USB Host mode, then yes :relaxed:

edit: that’s mainly due to the design of the current version of the T4

So it’s essentially like any other USB midi device? Trying to understand what you’ve improved upon…

Pretty sure it’s a bog standard USB MIDI interface. Nothing wrong with that, just nothing new or novel.

Out of interest, how is the latency?

I was daydreaming the other night about a multi-Elektron sequencing scenario with Machinedrum as master clock source. Pretty soon realty impinged upon my fantasy, i realised that a midi duplicator would be required.

Will this unit function without a computer? If so, it could be greatly useful at a fairly reasonable price.

yes, it’s a standard USB MIDI device

the T4 has really low latency as it’s mainly just passing the data from the device you connect to the T4, to whatever it’s connected to the MIDI output ports. the host device is mainly responsible for sending the data with less latency/jitter as possible

i’m afraid not, as it will only work when connected to a computer (for both power and data transfer over USB). having said that, you could use any other device that has a USB connector and works as a USB host :relaxed:
if you look for something that does not work over USB, you do have few options, including this one which could be back at some point in the future :relaxed:

update for those who preordered one and apologies for the delay

will be shipping end of this week/beginning of next one
thanks for you patience :relaxed:

3 Likes

…been a while since last update so here’s an update :laughing:

this new version is about 30% smaller than the previous one and comes with extra added fun :grin:

the T4 can be ordered from here

3 Likes

…and lill’ remainder here as well :laughing:

Hmm… I was looking for precisely this, but didn’t realize it existed until two days after I ordered an MIO4. :cry:

…that’s ok…happens now and then :slight_smile: