Introducing Syntakt

Yup! All enabled and no worries… I’m still hopeful for an obvious thing I’ve overlooked. I’m okay looking/feeling stupid if I can get it to work.

1 Like

Disconnect everything, save current project and start a new one

Now place four trigs with BD on 1 5 9 13
route the BD to pre Analog FX (use toggle on amp page two or go into routing)
go to fx track - i.e, FX is now yellow, not strawberry
Place two trigs on 1 9
close down the LP filter
crank up the filter env depth, make its decay snappier too

press play and adjust the filter or depth - listen for those differences

from default this works here, you can hear the filter env firing

1 Like

In the new project (and after disconnecting midi sync in/midi thru out) everything works as expected!

Is this a bug, or is there something I should avoid to make it work as expected every time?

Don’t ask.

20 Likes

Quick impressions after about 40 min with the Syntakt.

Was not expecting a white screen, but it makes it easier to tell it apart from the DT I guess.

Curious what “USB In” and “USB Out” is for audio routing. It currently says N/A.

Noticed that the ST VST plugin has “side chaining” in Bitwig. Have not tried it yet, but that could be very cool.

LOVE the FX track! I’m using it to process audio from my DAW, and making gate effects is too fun!

After listening to the delivered presets, and playing with a few machines, the ST is a chiptune maestro. Not saying it’s limited to that, but it seems very well suited for that style.
(someone needs to make the mario soundtrack :slight_smile: )

Definitely gets warmer than the other digi boxes, but the buttons are still room temp, so it’s comfortable to work with. I’m not concerned about it.

5 Likes

This looks fun and atheistically pleasing. Did you get another Digitakt? or just brought it out?

1 Like

You didn’t get this with the special Elektron Bundle :

11 Likes

Start from the simplest test, as I described e.g.

Now if yours wasn’t working at that stage and required further tweaks, then explore what that was … so if midi was an issue, have a look at your midi hygiene etc - find out what is happening - it sounds like you are somehow MIDI Muting the FX Track although there’s no onboard way to Mute that I can see

Edit: see here

So you need to look closer at what was in your MIDI signals to know where to look next - try a midi monitor e.g.

… and we’re quite hard to please actually, always asking questions, looking for answers … existentially uncertain :wink:

2 Likes

Sartre autocorrect FTW

@avantronica

2 Likes

Syntakt sounds PT 2 Archive is up on Dublab

6 Likes

I’ll work through it before submitting a bug report to better identify a cause if possible.

Right now I have Digitakt outputting sync to Syntakt and then 1 Midi track outputting via channel 2 to 0-Coast (and Channel 2 turned off on Syntakt).

It makes more sense to have Syntakt send sync to Digitakt and just eliminate the need for using the Midi thru port.

Thank you for the help. It’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I had missed it live and was ready to give up looking!

1 Like

Assuming you looked at at least one product photo before ordering, what color were you expecting? :joy:

2 Likes

If you want a synth then buy a digitone!! This is a drum machine gosh darniit

I read Elektron Handle.

1 Like

I guess they cut back…this is the one my buddy got with his Heat…

sloppy PS job :frowning:

8 Likes

If I had the tools, I would have made something similar but with a less convincing aspect. Yours is not that sloppy. It’s perfect for the joke. Nice one @phaelam.

2 Likes

Borrowed a mate’s :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

SYNTAKT techno project #01

7 Likes