Introducing Syntakt

I get it if you’re only playing keys that song mode might not be that important to you. Many of us are playing guitar/bass/drums/singing/etc. We don’t have free hands to be clicking buttons every 15 seconds.

3 Likes

I see. I tend to separate these things. I’m either playing guitar or bass in some sort of traditional rock band situation or doing strictly electronic music by myself.

1 Like

I really do like the new boot up animation too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

29 Likes

nice :fire:

“Epic new visuals” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For less than $700 … Bastl midi looper or Retrokits RK008 ?

2 Likes

apparently so, quoted elsewhere as tracking much higher in tune

1 Like

Damn it’s cool right!!! The alien animation rocks as well

3 Likes

Well… too “positive” and annoying?) on the other side older DT screen was quite depressing, first association I see it is always “my mind is splitting into pieces”

The new visuals are a nice addition for sure! They remind me of the sweet visuals on the OP-1.

2 Likes

The opening graphic is mega cool. But I’m the type to have thought it was goofy to get excited about the graphics/animations of these icons on the parameter pages. On the surface such things would generally seem corny and good for a laugh at best. For fun! And now that I have the thing I must admit that I’m pretty impressed by how helpful some of these animations are. It’s a very minor but noteworthy factor lending to the overall enjoyment of an extremely enjoyable device.

I haven’t had a new piece of tech on launch day since 9/9/99 when I waited in line at EB for a Dreamcast. That was a wise choice and I think adopting Syntakt early will prove to be even wiser.

7 Likes

Yeah and for some reason it feels super tactile. By making pretty complex stuff like FM feel like a videogame they do invite you to explore without looking at just values you dont understand

5 Likes

Ricky works for Novation, so Elektron isn’t going to send him one. I think that is why he is often left out of the announcement day youtube madness for many brands.

3 Likes

I intend to process the OT through the FX block, as I did through the Heat. Would the Heat still be useful or should I sell it ?

After watching quite a bit of vids ppl are making with the ST it seems like a really cool device. Maybe it’s not as groundbreaking as I was expecting a new Elektron box to be (I repeat, maybe) but so what. It seems like a device that really inspires you to make music and it sounds amazing. I shall try to curb my elitism a bit more with these things from now on lol.

Unless you need to sell the Heat to fund the Syntakt purchase, maybe hold on to it and do a direct comparison for the ways in which you put each to use?

2 Likes

It feels very much like a “Greatest Hits” album of all the boxes that came before it.

It also feels much snappier in use than the DT/DN and even the M:C - I’m assuming it’s more powerful under the hood (I’m not brave enough to take it apart to look!).

2 Likes

Will there be a sample machine, sample playback or resample including the input ??

I keeps debating. This or the rytm. For me, personally, the form factor of this is amazing. Adding sample playback completes this box to the stratosphere.

Do they add it in an update ? OS version 1.0. I think I got a lot of OS updates to find out.

Everything is sounding the same in the demos so far though. Fartty fm bass sounds.

1 Like

Any demos pushing the syntakt to it’s extremes? I wanna here the LFO maxed out on something it shouldn’t be, the distortion all the way up, how the delay feedback overdrives into it’s own tones…

youtubing “syntakt harsh”, “syntakt distortion”, “syntakt noise”… nothing! c’mon :smiley:

That’s awesome. Starting to be very interested in this box.

1 Like