Introducing Syntakt

It is possible that the input volume controls are analog and a gain stage.

Not a bad guess I still think the elektron performance mixer could see the light of day eventually. If the octatrack 3 doesnā€™t beat it there

3 Likes

Hehehehe

I donā€™t know that Iā€™m sure how attenuation/other is delivered and my brain is somewhat fried ā€¦ just hoping for a helping hand to straighten my thoughts about this

It doesnā€™t make sense to compare used prices of one product to the brand new price of another product. Some people prefer to buy new because they would like a warranty, while others prefer to try and find a deal and roll the dice on a used unit. Comparing new units, there is a $700 difference between the two units.

Most Used RYTM MkII in the US sell for $1250-$1400 on Reverb. Your argument about the price only works for this very moment, as the Syntakt is just hitting the street and there are no used ones available yet. But soon enough we will be seeing used ones pop up on Reverb, for what I am guessing will probably be around $800 - $850, which would probably be a difference of around $500 between the two used units. Still a pretty significant difference.

And they are two very different products. While they share similarities of some analog drum machines, the RYTM does not have the digital machines of the Syntakt, and the Syntakt does not have sampling of the RYTM. Beyond that there are big differences in, like you said, kits, or number of LFOā€™s, etc. Each box offers features the other one doesnā€™t.

Syntakt is really not that limited. Some of the features may be limited to how you or someone else would like a machineā€™s architecture to work, but I have never had an issue with the Digi boxes not having things like song mode or kits. I just donā€™t see one of them replacing the other. They both have a place in someoneā€™s studio, depending on what someone is looking for in a box.

Was it really just a wild guess which happens to be exactly right orā€¦. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

yeah its beyond me why the Rytm HiHats sounds so shitty, especially with the fact that one of the most beautiful HiHats i ever heard on an Electronic Instrument came from an A4 !

Hello, weekend.

24 Likes

same here. everyone had different needs in a box. I prefer the digi no kit format, personally. as an example.

2 Likes

omg :partying_face:

1 Like

Now whoā€™s gonna be the first to quote me on all the shit I said yesterday?

2 Likes

Have you tried triggering Syntakt patterns from the OT Arranger yet?

I recall DT/DN users having issues with patterns starting on time when triggered from the OT upon initial release of either product.

1 Like

so since there is digital volume control it could either be a digital input stage, that then mixes everything into the analog FX bus digitally, or an analog stage that is digitally controlled, that probably has gain, that then goes to the analog FX through a separate input to the digital aspects of the device.

I personally would put my money on the external inputs and analog machines going through an ADC, then mixed with the other digital voices digitally into a single stereo send into the analog effects, which then is mixed to with the output routing stuff though a digital or analog output stage, though this one is more likely analog as this part of the mixing is very simple as you are just mixing two stereo mixes, both of which have plenty of volume control earlier in the chain, so you wouldnā€™t need to control the output volume stage too much.

1 Like

No, as I donā€™t really use OT Arranger.

1 Like

MeToo

If this gets sampling or a sample machine to load your own, that is when Iā€™ll buy personally. Iā€™ll sit and wait. plenty of other gear to keep me occupiedā€¦ . But I canā€™t really see that happening with the digitakt.
love the potential to have everything in one little box, but I need my samples to mix in. Maybe this and the sp 404mkii is a nice minimal setup.

Iā€™ll use drambo for samples I fink. gonna be recording my live ST sessions into it anyway. :+1:

can relate the past few days :laughing:

2 Likes

this definitely seems like it will pair well with a sampler. plus itā€™s Elektron so I canā€™t help but wait to see what new machines they add in updates.

this checks every box off my list personally for a one stop groove box with one thing missingā€¦sampling or sample import. so will be interesting to see if that happens for me anyway. I am tempted to buy it.

itā€™s crazy that they really put in all of the Rytm Machines available on the bottom row and the upper.

like bd plastic or sd natural and all the other ones.
thatā€™s crazy

4 Likes