Introducing Syntakt

Some key questions from me if anyone can reply, maybe @DaveMech @avantronica @AdamJay

1. Can I route external VCO via ADSR/Synthesis/filter engine, same way as in A4? Or just external in exactly the same as in Digitone? If second, does it have a mixer for external signal like in recent Digitone update?

2. How does it differ from AR in terms of analog drum machines? Can it produce similar kick, toms, great low end in general?

3. Does it have performance mode like A4 does?

1 Like

Given the variety of tonal synths in this thing, I don’t know why this couldn’t be it

2 Likes

This Syntakt is very cool and will be a classic machine, but I think that AR need some update, and introduce at least a 2nd LFO. I feel right now AR, is behind DT, and ST, on some features, and this ST, introduce a lot of things, AR users were claiming on the past, i hope an OS update any time soon, because I love that machine a lot, but it has some flaws that would be nice to see solve.

I like a lot this new machine, and I don’t know if swap it for my AR, I would miss, kits, and individual outs. I can understand a lot of people don’t need more outs, me too ( I use always overbridge), but on a live context, I appreciate to have the possibility to process my kick, and my bass, on a proper mixer to have this problematic frecuencies controlled.

4 Likes

Ordered…. Now I just need to make sure I intercept the delivery guy before he rings the doorbell, then just always keep 1 of the other 2 (DN/DT) out of sight - my partner would never know….

7 Likes

2nd time in 2 months I need to remind you folks…

5 Likes

yes - there are a lot of ways to create softer timbres and even without polyphony it should be easy to create lots - even using all 12 tracks - but the 8 digital ones offer the most flexibility for that end

1 Like

I was hoping for more sound design drums, less pitched musical composition features. Would prefer 6 voices with a lot more flexibility and modulation.

But I guess that’s what pulsar 23 and a bunch of other things do, but would be nice to have a new machinedrum that does crazy shit without patch cables - guess Octatrack does a lot of this too, but still.

2 Likes

this is what literally everyone asked for:

machinedrum, analog/wavetable/fm/va synthesis with analog filters and saturation (cleanboost), scale mode, rytm machines, and analog synths (a mini a4) in a digi box

its an op1 in an elektron box. its the perfect groovebox

beat that, polyend!

15 Likes

Its what i expect as well.

Trig modifiers, though.

These are quite special.

4 Likes

I never understood the outrage over lack of song mode.

7 Likes

But… from a drum performance perspective, the pads are absolutely necessary. Maybe this industry/audience is filled with a very low percentage of users with physical drumming ability… and I suppose even Elektron themselves gravitate toward a step sequencing rather than live recording type of beat creation… but… it’s a drum machine. Anyway… it’s a nice machine, but I’m certainly looking forward to it’s bigger brother… or maybe just some nice firmware updates for the Rytm. :wink:

4 Likes

Will be ordering, pretty amazing what they’ve created.

3 Likes

Breaking the chain dude.

I don’t own an MD but I just looked at the manual; what machines are from/similar to MD? I see heavy RYTM borrowing and a bit of cycles.
Digital bd maybe?

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts! I might still prefer the sonic depth of the Nord and use my Pyramid to sequence, although I do like the look of some of the new features.

Ordered… now time to read the manual while I wait… I still need to tell my DT and DN that they will have a new friend soon!

1 Like

I also wish AR would have a second LFO. Definitely would allow for some greater sound design.
I feel like it was said it wasn’t possible for some reason or another…but so wat trig conditions on OT. So nothing is off the table imo

2 Likes

Not like A4 - but stereo in via Analogue FX bus if desired and digital effects

3 Likes