Introducing Syntakt

Imagine our chats over pints if we’d been in the same country :beer:

1 Like

They don’t let nerds like us in pubs round here

3 Likes

Hence the imagining :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So why does the CP clap machine always default with a retrig although I don’t have any modifiers or retrigs turned on? I can initialize the clap and it goes to normal, but if I don’t do that, the clap loops endlessly if I have the trig button pushed down.

I just received my syntakt and it gets super hot? Why is this?

Psyche!

This is discussed over here:

Lol I know, I was goofing around and being sarcastic. I’ve seen people post about this a fuck ton

1 Like

It depends on the envelope settings. If it’s adh with hold or adsr, it will loop. It’s not really a retrigger, as the amp and filter envelopes won’t be retriggered.

2 Likes

Fair enough!

I am frustrated with myself as well but also keen to explore more. Stuff I’ve made on this is interesting but not eye popping and I know it’s me.

So next step is to pair this with my MPC which I understand a lot more, so it’s good to hear someone having similar take.

Between the Syntakt, MPC and the Dreadbox Typhon

2 Likes

Yeah, I can totally understand this “I made this track on just one kit”-approach, including pushing it to mastering quality by just tweaking it right.

There seems to be a collective desire to find a creative environment for music making that involves just you in one place, all the time, limited only by inspiration and ideas, and not having to reach for cables, boxes, fiddle with wall contacts or if you’re in the box, mess with updates, OS struggles or whatnot.

I’m a writer by profession and have been committed to the same tool for years, producing all my work in the same toolset environment with only pen and paper as additions. To have such a place for music would be heaven. But writers use words to build their worlds into anything, whereas musicians have ideas that need to travel through a lot more technology than words, before they become anything at all. And the more acquired your taste becomes, the less likely you’ll find all you need to write your music, in one tool.

5 Likes

Yes the creativity gets pushed through a filter of endless possible permutations and knowing all the while whatever you produce may be improved by some random thing that’s just a tweak away….

It’s like gambling I guess though I dont partake

1 Like

Okay, that’s great. Thanks for letting me know.

Maybe not a bug as such but figuredf it was better to ask here instead of starting a whole thread.

My syntakt faceplate is VERY different to the digitone and digitakt. They have a soft powder look almost grey ish but the syntakt is just flat shiny black metal. Is it just me? The vids I’ve seen looks like they have the powdery finish. Side by side ith the digitone they look totally different

That looks odd to me, I’m not in front of mine right now but it looks to me just like a returned device might if it were cleaned up with the ‘wrong’ product.

It’s certainly not the end of the world or anything but it is very odd. I have a minagarie now with the grey OT and these two. All different colors lol

1 Like

Yeah mine is the same. Definitely blacker looking next to my digitone and digitakt

You can see it in my video. Syntakt is in between the two.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeHs0XOAHVW/

I remain on the fringes of GAS for a Syntakt. One thing I’m not sure about is the “effects track”

This track seems to consist of additional filter, overdrive and some automation for the delay, reverb and that’s all. Other than the overdrive, nothing here seems to say “effects” to me (the name makes me think of insert effects like chorus, phaser, bitcrusher, flanger, even a compressor).

I think I’m missing the point of this track, so what are people using it for? Sell me on it! :smiley:

No, you’re missing the amp envelope that can be reverted and act as a ducking effect, faking a compressor side chain.
And you can plock the filter, open and close its envelope with dedicated trigs, as well.

1 Like

I’ll add that with lfos the delay can be used as a chorus, flanger, and that the double notch filter can be used as a phaser, amp as a slicer, tremolo…

8 Likes