Was expecting

Is disappoint

7 Likes

Tried musubi for the first time recently, now that you mention that

5 Likes

I like the sound of these ones :slight_smile:

the one below hits like a spiked bat at 2:21

4 Likes

Spammety Spam? Bacon Spam Spam Spam Eggs and Spam?

1 Like

ST just arrived, only issue I have is preserving my hearing. It sounds great through genelec 8040Bs :joy:

4 Likes

New 1.01 firmware for syntakt available now! :smiley:

3 Likes
13 Likes

To guys with multiple Elektron boxes, what are your favourite machines on the syntakt?

As someone who chained the ST to DT/DN/A4, I find myself using it mostly as a drum machine - making use of the 12 tracks. That and the occasion bits machine… As for the rest of the tonal machines, I find them quite underwhelming. Am I missing something?

Yes indeed.
Play it like it’s your one and only.
Turn it into an ambient machine. Drone machine.
Imagine tricks like playing all tracks at once.
Use and abuse the LFOs, including plocking them.
Try every single machine as a loop in ADSR or AHD+note amp envelope.
Use the AFX LFOs!! Get a chorus out of the double notch analog filter.

5 Likes

So great! :star_struck:

1 Like

Is this a technical term for the analog channels 9, 10 and 11 on the syntakt?

I’ve hit my stride with it recently. Such a good feeling being able to pick it up and just write.

What I’ve done to achieve more instant gratification is I made a variety of patterns that sound pretty good, with carefully tweaked filters, envelopes, and levels, and I use this pattern bank as a kit browser of sorts. When I want to make something new, I copy one of those patterns to a new pattern slot, and clear the sequence data from the new pattern.

All the machine assignments, parameters, scale etc settings are still intact.
So I can just write, tweak the machines, swap out machines assignments if necessary. This saves so much time in the composition process, and gets me back to some of the benefits the bigger Elektron machines have WRT kit browsing.

And so now it actually reminds me a lot of how I’ve set up my OT. I can just pick it up and go, 20 minutes later I am ready to record. And better yet, I can do that in my iPhone! Using class compliant USB and AudioShare to record at 48khz/24bit .wav
Move that recording to my DAW for some fixed, tweaks, mastering. It’s a great workflow.

11 Likes

No. It is like an m:c (which I love and have 2 of) with more channels, programmable FX-channel, much better UI (graphical feedback), BP-filters, audio in, attractive looks, beautiful colors, DT workflow - and it feels much better. Plus it has those analog channels (but, honestly, I use the ST more like an upgraded modded out version of an m:c :sweat_smile: :star_struck: :blush: :innocent:)

3 Likes

I think the only machine brought over from cycles that I’ve been using the last couple weeks is the PC Carbon; which I believe is derived from the Perc machine on cycles.

It’s the least distinctive, too.

So otherwise, I kinda treat mine like a mini Rytm meets mini MD. Analog kicks, DVCOs, new digital snares and claps, and hats and shakers made from the new clap machine. All hitting the analog fx block hard. It’s delicious.

6 Likes

Oh yes - they make some really decent EBM-base-synths - but so does Bits with PWM over LFO.

1 Like

What has Syntakt in common with Machine Drum?

Not as much as it had in common with other boxes, it’s more how I use it, using digitally synthesized claps and using them to make interesting non-clap sounds.

Stuff I used to do on MD quite a bit.

The new snare machine reminds me of MD tho.

1 Like

Got it I see what you mean now

Oh shit, this has just opened a whole new world. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been loving the pc carbon!

Can you explain that? I’m still new to elektron world and learning!