Introducing Syntakt

Yes, it’ll come with a bigger screen but everything else the same :rofl:

So live recording those modifiers become p-locked steps, then you can choose totally different parameters with the modifiers, jam/tweak a bit and live record these too as p-locked steps.

That is so awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It lacks multiple in/out, a crossfader, and pads, so I bet on “no”.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can only give a boring evasive answer on this one, since we for several reasons don’t want to go in to details about the hardware in our boxes. The generic answer is that all devices have a +Drive big enough to hold all the data needed for the device. The reason it is mentioned for the Digitakt, is of course, that here the user can add large chunks of data (samples) to the +Drive.

10 Likes

Holy moly

I haven’t seen a board with so many IC’s since looking inside an Apple IIe.

Is that all for the analog stuff?

You’d love Syntakt PCB - #33 by vblr :wink:

A lot of the components seems to be for analog stuff yeah, but obviously parts of it is for the digital stuff as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess a lot of it is also just D/A and A/D converters

Somehow I thought they figured out how to do it at the transistor level, big custom integrated chips.

Just assuming here… don’t see how the digital stuff would need more than 3 or 4 chips

It was a joke

2 Likes

And make perfect pancakes.

2 Likes

It definitely gets hot enough for it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Lots of mentions of it getting very hot. @eangman, without going into details about the hardware, can we be fairly certain that the Syntakt is built to last for years, despite getting very hot and potentially being used in fairly hot environment (think: bringing it out for an outdoor jam in the sun like Andew Huang did in his video)?

There’s a few detailed (and interesting!) posts on this point way further up the thread chain.

In short, stay away from using it on the surface of the sun or in a sauna/steam room and you’ll be fine!

7 Likes

Ok its on my table, and to be honest, it took me 3 minutes to dial in satisfying hihats !!! Sample playback would still be cool, even layerd, mini sample cycling per machine.

I love the syntakt already in 1.0 : well done Elektron.

6 Likes

Oh!! :joy:

1 Like

It’s not that hot. Compared to other Elektron machines, it’s certainly one of the hotter ones, together with the Heat, but compared to other electronics, it’s not that bad. I can still have it in my lap with only clothing between it and my skin, which is more I can say of some laptops out there (looking at you Apple).

3 Likes

I took the info from the Syntakt manual on page 28, though. Thank you for the answer.

With Syntakts being out of stock practically everywhere so quickly after launch, does anyone have a guesstimate on how many units were in the first batch?

Just curious and hoping it’s a big number cos it’d mean good things for Elektron. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I only know that i got one from a store that had a few last weekend, sold out and this week they got a few more. Don’t know what that means for the whole first or second batch though.

And i have to agree, it gets hot but not too hot.

Not sure about elsewhere, but the store where I picked it up on Monday (Cut Off in Barcelona) seems to still have units available. When I went there, I’d guesstimate there was about ~30 boxes in sight, with some looking “reserved” or being prepared for shipping.

2 Likes

The obsession with adding sample playback to this is getting insanely tedious. If that’s an essential feature for you there are already 4 Elektron machines in production that do it, get one of those instead.

15 Likes