Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

Permanent Fill Mode:
I accidentally found a solution/workaround for the “page+yes”-problem. …maybe it’s also a bug…? no idea.

Just hit and hold “page” and hit “record” twice.

5 Likes

See:

Can be a useful bug. :content:
There is something similar with OT, iirc you can latch Plays Free tracks or something…

A few bugs found!

• Latching FILL mode does not work anymore :confused: (pressing YES + PAGE to activate FILL for one pattern cycle, or PAGE + YES and releasing PAGE before YES fto enable “permanent” FILL mode). But the the PAGE + double REC press bug still works. Maybe the official feature has been removed, but it still in the manual.
  • In the keyboard setup menu, only one pressed black key can be seen at the same time. Moreover, any pressed black key stops being displayed as pressed as soon as any other TRIG is pressed. It’s only cosmetic though, as the pressed keys are still working even if they’re not displayed as pressed on the screen (use chromatic mode on a MIDI track to verify this)

Awesome update otherwise!

3 Likes

Do you think it would be possible to add master system tuning for ST and DN? :level_slider: :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I like sound of the machines in general. They seem very clean. I am still curious if it would be possible to have more 33 sec. tracks on Digitakt and then do something like granular with all of them? Or layer them together while the sequencer is playing. I know there is memory that you can max out but how many 33. sec loops (in total) can you have on Digitakt?

Yeah remixing in stereo sounds like fun. I might end up getting Octa for that. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:.

These machines really made my day today. ^_^.

1 Like

33s is max recording time for DT, but I think you can play longer samples, using RAM, theoretically 14 minutes max for 1 sample. So you should be able to play 8x33s samples (or longer ones) without problems…

3 Likes

Yeah so like recording max 33. sec, then saving it to a track. Rinse and repeat until I max it out?

It will get summed to a mono signal but if I will play with panning and fx then the output will be stereo via a L/R input setting on w/e?

Give it a try !

1 Like

Hello to everyone.I searched for a similar post but didn’t find one.Although I’m sure I saw this discussed on Facebook groups.

Has the fill latch been removed on 1.40 on Digitakt?It was a feature I really used a lot since I play along with Model samples and I used latch fill a lot with control-All pattern reload.

Model samples has the perfect implementation with Track+Page.I can’t remember if we have a shortcut for something in the Digitakt that uses this combo.If not,I really wish it could be used like that.Easy and unified.

I don’t have DT yet. I probably have all I would ever need by now. I enjoy the workflow on Elektron devices though. Octa would be good to keep it all stereo and much easier to record more into one? DT is faster with less manual reading. Octa more featured but maybe requires more “work”.

DT has very nice waveform editor and graphics. Screen is nicer too. FX sound better. Master compressor. SC. Also it seems to have more punch. Also let’s hope for more updates as there is still space to add to.

does this work on the digitakt?

Sure. Any Elektron with Control All and pattern chain or song mode. You can also use Randomize page, you get randomized parameters each 2 steps.

You can make a basic pattern and save project, allowing reload. No undo otherwise.

1 Like

That is FILL mode doesn’t work when in song mode?
Or do you just mean that pushing the FILL button will not be recorded as an automation into the song?

Fill automation won’t be recorded, though it does seem there’s an issue with latching fill, but I haven’t tried it out.

1 Like

I haven’t updated yet, but my guess is that if you only receive transport control on the slave unit, you should be able to have different songs going at once.

it has never been saved when fill/page was pressed

Yes indeed. I assume you can have different song structures on different machines if you don’t send Program Changes from the “master” machine. But I wonder (still haven’t tried, not much time) what will happens when “master” machine sends PC and the other machines have different songs with different patterns programmed.

I will try ASAP to explain my experience.

1 Like