Bug: Digitakt Latch Fill Mode

Just discovered potential “bug” but could also be a useful “feature” for some. :smiley:
bug becomes feature

It’s possible to latch the FILL button on Digitakt.

1. Make sure you aren’t in GRID mode (FILL button won’t work in GRID mode).
  2. Press and hold FILL button.
  3. While the FILL button is held, press the REC button to enter step edit mode.
  4. With FILL still held down, press the REC button once more.
  5. This will copy the current page of steps, however as a side effect, you can now let go of the fill button and it will be Latched! :smiley:
  6. To un-latch FILL, just press the FILL button again. ( you can leave step edit mode first if you don’t want to change your sequencer page)

Essentially, you can press FILL then DOUBLE-TAP the REC button to latch it.

This isn’t a great performance solution for a FILL latch as it seems like it could be a bug.
But someone with more finesse might find it useful so I thought I’d put it up here.

I have found it useful in some circumstances, for example it lets you edit your FILL p-locks on a track and actually hear them while the sequencer is still running without having to leave step edit to press the FILL button :smiley:

Not sure if this works on Digitone too but I assume it will :smiley:

3 Likes

This does seem like a bug as there is already an official way to latch the fill mode. Nice find

1 Like

ha I had no idea there was already a way to do it :open_mouth:

Latching fill, from the manual

“Press and hold [PAGE] + [YES], and then release [PAGE] before you release [YES] to latch FILL mode. Press [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.”

4 Likes

yup just found it :smiley:
I feel like double tap yes would be a bit easier to pull off as im finding double tap REC is easier to pull off the more I try it (but obv this is a bug)

Was latch FILL recently added? :open_mouth: I can’t believe I missed this haha
I’ve read that manual a few times now but never seen this part.
Gotta go back and re-read it to see what else I missed :smiley:

It been since the beginning I believe, very easy to miss.

So, the manual says you cannot be on grid mode when activating fill, but the bug you’ve found will let you have fill active but in record mode?

That actually seems like a useful bug you found.

2 Likes

The bug I found still requires that you are not in grid mode at the beginning :frowning:
Official Latch FILL seems to give the same result and let me edit steps with the FILL trig condition in record mode while it’s latched (which is the most useful thing I can think of)

2 Likes

I thought this bug was fixed in the latest OS?

I’m on 1.20A :frowning:

I have had a DT since launch and only found out about latching fills recently - definitely an easy one to miss.

Ah maybe not then.

1 Like

I think so. It was previously present on A4/AR MKI so I don’t know why Latch Fill wouldnt be present for DT release.

2 Likes

Seems like a bug that should be a feature to me. Like OP mentioned, it’s great for writing fills.

To be fair, you can use the official method to write fills too :wink:
But I do think something like FILL + Double tap is much easier than
FILL+ yes then release fill while holding yes then tap fill again

1 Like