Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

This!

Anyone wondering about anything that isn’t directly harmful or something, should do exactly this.

Give it a try!

1 Like

Imagine if song mode…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Work within the parameters provided. Expand when the parameters expand.

There were times when people would learn to play their instruments.

Now it seems that instrument creators have to learn about the humans at the other end.

I’m being silly, but on a slightly more serious note, we just got this HUGE thing. Push it to it’s absolute breaking point, then ask for more.

I want to see someone smash song mode so hard that they need more functions.

Anyone? Anyone?

I want song mode to write the song that I’m thinking about riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…… now!

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yes, with offsets ! (When I think offsets). :content:

5 Likes

Now FILL! FILL DAMN YOU FILL!!!

6 Likes

Would be nice :blush:

1 Like

We got something nobody thought about that it would come.
I’m glad we got that, really.
It’s much more I hoped for! :wink:

4 Likes

Buu

1 Like

Still possible to jam out with CTRL-ALL during song mode playback, then hit the FUNC-NO button to return to saved state of the pattern?

Yes but its per pattern (TRK or FUNC + NO doesn’t reload all pattens saved state, only current pattern).

2 Likes

Same goes for the Analogs (Four/Rytm) too.
Of all their currently in-production units, only the Octatrack has this feature.
Would love to see offsets added to the digis songmode.

2 Likes

For pseudo random repeats & lags :
Has anyone tried to copy a pattern a few times, then play with offset, reduce these copied patterns to a 1-3 step and integrate these tiny paterns at some sections whithin the song ?

Yes I did. Minimum pattern length is 2 steps (scale X2 is possible). It is possible to switch song mode on/off easily so you can make pattern chains breaks.

For this one it was pattern chains, I shifted and reduce the original pattern to 2 steps sections :

For this one I prepared 2 steps patterns in the song and recorder live after. Control All is memorized per pattern.

2 Likes

Does anyone know off hand the barrel diameter of the Elektron cables? I’ve been having trouble finding a 9v power supply with the same barrel size for a midiman mixer and realized that it’s the same as my Digitakt. .

5.5 x 2.5

2 Likes

Thanks. Is that an usual barrell size? Nothing else in the house seems to fit…

I hope it will be corrected. Anyway, there is just to program the song on both devices with the mute in each device

1 Like

Pretty far away from being Cenk

1 Like

I have 2 things which I don’t understand yet:

1. Sometimes when cueing songs, they just stop sometimes they play without me having to press play again
  2. Is there a possibility to offset the pattern in a row? I would like to play just the last bar of a pattern in a row

unfortunately not. it already exists on the octatrack’s arranger though, so there’s a small chance we’ll see it added to the digis :crossed_fingers:

It’s been a few weeks folks.

Where’s these bangers you were all waiting for song mode to make?

13 Likes