Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

Same. Haven’t been using my digitakt lately and been back in Ableton. Got rid of mine and have a push 2 coming in. Still happy with the decision but it stings a little bit.

I don’t know about the conspiratorial part, but they must have already been working on this when Syntakt dropped, so it’s interesting they didn’t add a dedicated button at that time.

Yes!!! I knew that if they ever implemented a SM it would be in a uniquely creative way. this is great!

1 Like

I’d bet Mr Reznor is happy.

3 Likes

This would make the devices too complex to use with lots of menue diving . A parameter slide between patterns would be a better way to solve the problem

Wow. This is actually better than a new hardware announcement ! Thank you Elektron !

6 Likes

12 Likes

Maybe he will start making some songs again, instead of ghost atmospheres.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been on the fence about Song Mode. It’s very nice to see that they have implemented in a very “Elektron” way. You can do anything while the sequence is still running and not miss a beat. Also cool how you can jump in and out of SM. This gives you the opportunity to jump to random odd timed loops and then jump back into a 4/4 beat. Honestly I’m more excited about the Keyboard fold!!!

4 Likes

Just watched the videos. Very close to the OT arranger.
Glad they have the mutes included, I prefer arranging with mutes instead of multiple patterns.

Quite funny, on the digis everyone celebrates the appearance of songmode, while most OT users seem to ignore the arranger :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

in song mode if you’re flying thru a bunch of patterns n you’re tweaking parameters live while the song is playing do the parameter changes stick like they would in pattern mode or do patterns revert to saved once the song moves to the next pattern?

3 Likes

Thank you Elektron!!! Fantastic!!!

I saw someone post about this on FB and I thought it was someone trolling, but came over to check on Elektonauts, just in case.

Damn, Elektron! Nice one!

I wasn’t clamoring for song mode, but as an owner of all three DT/DN/ST boxes, I will certainly be using it going forward!

The Digis have been my main OTB units for years now, with the ST as the more recent addition. Elektron just keeps it coming with fantastic updates, cementing over and over that I made the right decision to keep my focus on these little marvels.

BTW, dedicated mute states in song mode are SO SO SO incredibly useful. Looking forward to ditching most of my pattern change and track mute notes, as I can now automate much of those basics and focus more on musical and sound-shaping performance.

I honestly never expected this, so I was just kind of resigned to NOT having song mode in my Digi toolkit.

Kudos to Elektron for these amazing boxes that keep on giving.

5 Likes

As well as that, hitting (No) after hitting the song mode (…) will take you there as well :slight_smile:
Edit: updates went flawless on both DT and DN. Thank you very much for these @Elektron :pray:

2 Likes

Holy shit i cant belive this. Am i dreaming???

1 Like

It’s like Elektron and Roland are competing who would release more impressive update this month :slight_smile: And let’s not forget the Deluge with it’s actual hardware update.

Just today I was thinking of Digitone and wishing it had keyboard fold (I have this on MC-707 and it’s super useful). GAS just got real!

1 Like

Thank you Elektron, this is great.

couldn’t comment on that, but I do know that you’re quite mistaken with your theory … fwiw

3 Likes

Thank you for listening to us !!!

Still no slides…

I do appreciate songmode though. Otherwise I get stuck in an endless loop and lose all my friends.

7 Likes