Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

Have to say this is pretty amazing. We all knew that big updates for the ST were coming but these new features across the Digi range are truly a gift.

I wasn’t even one of those shouting for Song Mode in these boxes, but it’s implementation looks like something to be explored creatively. And Fold for the DN’s midi tracks has come at a very opportune time :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you Elektron

Same. Unfortunately I couldn’t test much lately, but the flexibility of the Song Mode was instantly astounding. Its crazy how flexible the established patterns are in it. I might not be fully converted, but once I get to my new place- im definitely going to be digging into it more.

This is a massive update that keeps in line with the simple and direct workflow of the digi boxes. A lot of work went into, not just implementing it- but implementing it in this poignant way.

Thanks Elektron! Well done!

2 Likes

DiJitakt

Those that say digitone/digitakt making the j sound (:roll_eyes:)can rejoice

2 Likes

well to be fair, it clearly was not intended to be there from the get go - but they have bent over backwards to find a way to incorporate it without compromising the general ethos of their imagined workflow - to do this they have had to re-purpose a whole menu - they’ve literally chucked the Pattern Menu elsewhere and re-imagined that […] icon as pertaining to song mode

It’s a great and natural compromise, so it’s not a case of why haven’t they, it’s just that the opportunity arose to revisit popular requests and i guess they brainstormed a neat solution

For sure it’s about customer loyalty and keeping sales buoyant etc, but this has been shoehorned in, the fact that it feels ‘natural’ and right is testament to the great ideas that went into implementing the features as they appear now … it feeling right takes time, and having that genesis moment of appropriating the pattern page button was the moment that somebody deep in Elektron made this come to fruition

There’s no other angle to this, the solution presented itself and thus the long term wish could finally be delivered … perhaps some new faces at :3lektron: have brought about a new way to revisit such matters, a fresh perspective and so on - either way, it’s a great move and still fully aligned to the digi devices’ performative basis

21 Likes

This is awesome! Gimme a kit per bank on Digitakt and we can tweak away as we go with song mode!
Dont wanna be greedy tho :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I haven’t read the whole thread yet - just seen the news. OMFG.

4 Likes

Well **** me sideways … I saw the thread title and the reply count and was convinced that some poor *** had asked for song mode and there was a pile-on by people who disagreed.

11 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Can we now say that Syntakt is in the Digi family?

6 Likes

Wow!!! Thank you!!!

DN and guitar = awesomeness!!

5 Likes

Please only want a Analog Rytm update… I’m really considering going back to Digitakt but a possible update is holding me back…

2 Likes

I think the syntakt t-shirt offered on release already cemented it as such :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Like they have done, for 10+ years?

8 Likes

Just like that, my dream box materialised… Damn it. Now I have to start saving up for a Syntakt 🥲

1 Like

How does song mode act when you have two digi boxes in song mode?

Now my plan is :

• Make an Album with what I did
  • Flush everything and start fresh with Song Mode
3 Likes

That would be singalong mode

16 Likes

Soo happy! Can’t wait to update my Digitone