Introducing Octatrack MKII

If that were the case, trig conditions would be on MKII only.

17 Likes

Do we know what the AED button does, or what it stands for? :thinking:

With midi tracks or audio tracks?
What do you mean with velocity mod?
I rarely use Playback page Retrig because it doesn’t retrigger envelopes.

My guess is it is a new shortcut to access the audio editor.

Especially since the shortcut for access on the MK1 is different depending on where you are in the interface (from menus, or recorders…)

2 Likes

True, but it’s pretty crappy to keep pushing the release date up.
What they should have done is
“Introducing OT MKT, Available January 2018”

The if it’s available sooner, fine.

That would make sense. But a three letter acronym for two words?! We’ll let it slide this time :spy:

1 Like

Yea. Though it could say $%& and I’d still prefer it over the “numerous ways” to access the audio editor.
:smile:

3 Likes

On the AR (and I think A4?), retrig acts as “flam” (like a drum stick bouncing quickly on the head of a snare drum), where a trig is repeated at a certain rate over a certain period. Within that period you can also define the velocity for each retrig to fade down, up, or stay the same.

Unfortunately no retrig on A4.
I understand for AR, seems interesting settings, and I guess it retrigs envelopes too.
For retrigs in Ot I prefer Trig Counts (Microtiming menu), because they retrig envelopes.
TRIG CONDITIONS WITH TRIG COUNTS ! :thup:

2 Likes

What parameter is the most fun there?

So ? What the problem with that and OT ?

Elektron themselves state that the hardware differences in rev1 preclude ever bringing OB to the OT.

You’re discussing a very high level spec, not the bandwidth and structure of the chipset, let alone driver support for anything beyond accessing the flash memory.

Im not sure if that’s the case and everyone has to decide for themselves but for me that is a deal breaker and i won’t buy it anymore…

Previously:

2 Likes

Is the Octatrack MKII still limited to 64GB CF cards?

Thomann are also saying to expect delivery delays of 4 to 5 days at the moment thanks to new warehouse software. https://www.thomann.de/blog/en/temporary-shipping-delay

As far as I understand this, hi(gh)-speed USB takes full advantage of the capabilities of USB 2.0.

We know that AF/AK Mk1 and AR Mk1 have USB 2 ports but that their data rates for Overbridge are lower (Full Speed) because of interference with analog circuitry. Elektron says that AF Mk2 and AR Mk2 will allow more channels in Overbridge because they will be capable of Hi-Speed USB as a result of the Mk2 hardware re-design.

But Elektron is not to my knowledge claiming improvements in the USB capability for OT Mk2. Since the only function for the USB on the OT is to connect the CF card to a computer, I’m not sure whether any hypothetical improved USB capability would be negated by the performance of some or all CF cards anyway.

4 Likes

Well… thats interesting.

3 Likes

let’s just say the new Octatrack arrives on October the 21st …

seeing as how the Octatrack is a sampler, the meantime could be profitably employed to prepare sample content of some form, original explorations to then re-comprehend later on the hybrid performance instrument of magnificence.

1 Like

Lets just say we have access to 16,384 samples; organise those, create some chains, and well… let me put it to you in the immortal words of Lieutenant Vasquez… “Lets Rock”

6 Likes