Introducing Digitone

It boggles my mind that ANYBODY doesn’t record audio from the device direct when making a video. How the hell is audio into a camera microphone in a loud convention floor useful at all?

1 Like

Ok, cheers.

I guess Ctrl All with instant patch recall is good enough :thup:

1 Like

Only useful for the YouTube channel to get those clicks and earn some dosh on those ads.

I like the DT without songmode… or am I the only one… never used something like songmode, even on the OT. Pattern chaining can be usefull. Although I never use something like that…

4 Likes

I didnt find this in the manual: is it possible to use any of the operators as a static pitch carrier or modulator? and can the lfos work as additional operators, so that you effectivly have 6 ops per voice?

1 Like

Going to sell my OP-1 to get the DN.

Was my 2nd go with the OP-1, and it’s not clicking.
Entirely my fault for romaticizing the album I made with the OP-1, and thinking I could do it again, ignoring all the other things that were going on in my life at that time that contributed to the music, as much, if not more than the instrument.

Also, my OP-1 fascination started with Monomachine (another box I owned twice), mostly because I found a lot of similarities in that macro-centric FM engine.

DN will give me what I always wished the OP-1 had, an Elektron sequencer, and maintain the portability (looking at a battery pack now) to a degree. I like that it uses the same PSU as my OT MK2, so I can pick up an extra PSU and keep it by the sofa.

And it gives me just about everything I loved about the MM (I used the FM engine almost exclusively), plus the newer sequencer features. The only thing missing from my romantic times with the MM is neighbor routing, but I can always feed it into the OT for that specific brand of insanity.

Added bonus is the A4 style sound locks, but with twice the voices!

8 Likes

would you sacrifice 4 midi track on the digitack to have that fonctionnality ? maybe there will be an option in a future update, after using elektron for a few years i realize those instruments are about choise and flexibility, be patient digitakt is not even one year old!

1 Like

I have look at almost all video on YT and would say half of them have direct audio!

Absolutely, and feeding it all into the Qu Pac, with the Qu Pac feeding the OT makes it effortless.

If you like mark fell and SND, give a listen to Rian treanor he’s mark’s son

3 Likes

I’m with you. I have no use for it, and would prefer the power used to implement it, used on fx or something else that makes it unique and not the same as everyone else

2 Likes

Someone needs to recreate this masterpiece on Digitone:

10 Likes

I think this thing sounds beautiful and I will consider buying one for sure. I know there have been a few comments throughout this thread where people were asking things like: “WTF is up with those buttons?!??” Here’s a close up of my DX-7, and you can see where the color scheme is a nod to the original DX.

10 Likes

So good.

Thanks for posting this - finally a skilled user asking the right questions. Cenk seems so happy to answer such thoughtful questions - especially on the seq side of things.
Well done bboy

1 Like

@Ess congrats to you and your team on this awesome thing. This looks really inspiring and I’ve preordered one. I’m psyched for it.

4 Likes

Looks real nice, won’t make the same mistake of preordering like I did with the DT though… give it 6 months to see how buggy the OS is and how they handle updates.
One thing I really hope though is that the audio inputs don’t sum pass through audio to mono like on the DT… that really killed my minimal setup. I want to avoid a mixer if I’m only using two units

They don’t.

In fact you can pan each of the 2 inputs independently.

Check out the manual.

4 Likes

This is fantastic news for me :heart:

2 Likes

(Digitone is a Raver: Turn it up Digitone 2013)

:smile::smile:
:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:

(Review Digitone App)

:joy: :cb: