Introducing: Digitone Keys

11 Likes

Pretty much puts to rest saying it is the same as DN and was basically a lame cost driven move. Kind of funny how some of the previous posts were so sure they were the same faceplates ā€¦

2 Likes

Including my own early on !

1 Like

The DNK faceplate is much bigger. It IS one piece of Metal. Not three pieces.

3 Likes

It is nice that there is a strong family resemblence, meaning that you can go from one to other without complete having to rewire the brain.

OCD observation ā€“ notice how the numbers moved from above to below on the track length LEDs.

Note on Electronic Design:

On the computer it is not too difficult to pull things around a little once you have a known good design and thereby produce a modification.

1 Like

Seems like PCB must be different too, no ?

Absolutely YES! for the front panel controls.

Donā€™t know about the main processing board ā€“ probably, though maybe the individual outs are on a separate board too.

1 Like

Absolutely.

I have one thing to complainā€¦why didnt they integrated the AC adaptor? Having one less wall wart would have been perfect. Please Elektronā€¦there is enough room inside the DNK.

1 Like

The Analog Keys has it this way.

Actually if you want to lobby for something ā€“ please Elektron put a rechargable battery inside like the Superlative Space Bee!

2 Likes

A standard Powerbank should be fine for the DNK.

2 Likes

DK mk2 hell yeah only needs a joystick! And we still have space for 4 small faders (5 with audio in) next to the encoders! Maybe Elektron needs to let actual users design the interfaceā€¦

i think that the idea very interestingā€¦ i donā€™t do finger drumming and iā€™m more matrix ideia feeling mode.
Anyway in any case i think that the rytm, never owned, and digitakt, owned but sent it back, lack more memory especially the analog rytm with that price tag and some orhers important things

Why do keyboards with 37 keys start on the key of C? Ive always wondered this. Why not F or B. As i prefer those chords. It seems like your losing a few extra notes down the bottom end through lack of use. Not many great tracks are in C major or minor. Its known as a boring chord. Even E would be better.

1 Like

No Song Mode and the price is insultingā€¦ Elektron, when will you learn?

1 Like

If I ever end up with the Keys Iā€™m going to do an epic collection of covers of songs in C for you. FM version of Donā€™t Look Back In Anger coming upā€¦

2 Likes

All of my synth keybeds start with C, but i agree about it should start with f , or at least b, it would open up the possibilities, unlock the dreams if you will :slightly_smiling_face: Its funny, i hear that complain a lot among musicians. I think minimoog starts with fā€¦

Korg Monologue Keyboard starts from E.
Itā€˜s supposed to make it more accessible for bass guitar payers.
Dunno if there are any others.

1 Like

I play pentatonic only, so I would like only black keys pleaseā€¦ :content:
I got used to C, in different scales / modes, I think chords positions are practical. I transpose the keyboard (as a guitarist!).

Many pianos like my Steinway or 88 keys keyboards start with an A, which make sense for the alphabetical order and the A440hz rĆ©fĆ©rence. Why A minor wouldnā€™t be the reference? :wink:
t%C3%A9l%C3%A9chargement

1 Like

midi note ranges start from C - so if you have a full range sound engine (or controller keyboard) this makes most sense and itā€™s by far and away the most common layout - plus Elektron only need to carry stock of one keybed to service AK and DK afaict

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this here

5 Likes