Introducing Digitakt

Cant use that excuse for a4 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ill check vids when they drop :slight_smile: Pretty sure Iā€™m not gonna see much need for it here tho as I have an OT. Iā€™ve never really felt the need for simplicity/fast sampling (the things people keep saying are great about the DT), OT isnā€™t as hard to use as some people make out. And I have Op1/sp404 for super fast, down the rabbit hole sampler+fx sessionsā€¦ Would love to see an Elektron Op1 style box. Something like that would have been waaay more interesting/imaginative than the DT. Which seems just a reworking of various old Elektron box ideasā€¦

1 Like

Why do you assume/expect people to pre-order when you still havenā€™t released the full spec?

5 Likes

I know I sound like a broken record, but Iā€™m too excited about the notion of the new MPCs than to get up in arms over this new Elektron. The OTB production station with quick workflow seems so quitessential that there isnā€™t anything else on the market that could capture my interest. At this point, Elektron have went all out on any music making approach I can fathom, so I think theyā€™ve partially blocked themselves in. If they can think the unthinkable, that would obviously be awesome; but until then Iā€™m pegging their stuff as being understandably ā€œmehā€

Those words could have came from Tyler Durden himself!

I agree though, bit naughty isnā€™t it?

So many questions, need to see a manual, Does it slice, can you record directly from the inputs, resample, any type of different sample machines? Looking forward to knowing more, it seems like they will be out in the wild soon!!!

3 Likes

ā€œOverbridge Basic: Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time limited sessions)ā€

So, this is kind of a trial version that stops after some time?? hmā€¦okā€¦

more interesting question: are there any soundshaping capabilities (lfoā€¦hehe) ? or is this ā€œjustā€ a sampleplayer with plock and trigconditionsā€¦??

There appears to be an LFO(donā€™t know how theyā€™re executed), Filter, and internal effects(I believe delay and reverb). Thereā€™s other sound sculpting parameters(I believe start/end, pitch, and some sort of reduction feature.

Pre-ordering before even a preliminary user guide or manual isnā€™t the most tempting action in these uncertain timesā€¦

Maybe Elektron donā€™t want too many pre-orders so they can keep up with demand when everyone and their cat is on YouTube twisting up classic breaks and controlling a rack full of 90s synths.

Or maybe it is a lame duck and will be called the Dodotrakt for years to come.

Then again there simply has to be more to it, otherwise itā€™s been a hoodwink, we are all thirsty and it was a mirage the whole time.

Iā€™m buying the Zillion now.

3 Likes

:sketchy: My Rme is smaller with the same width :

7 Likes

ā€œAn Lfo per trackā€ : for midi tracks too ?
What about the distorsion FX ?

Your RME also does not have a control surface with knobs, switches, and a display. That takes almost half the depth of the box.

2 Likes

That would be fine if the price was actually lower than announced. At first glance, this looks like ā€œoverpromise, underdeliverā€ which would be really bad marketing. But of course we still donā€™t know the whole picture.

1 Like

My Rme is smallerā€¦
The right answer would be : separate outputs are too expensive.

1 Like

Does this mean the Rytm will be getting some kind of reasonable (non-C6) method of sample transfer via Overbridge? This would be a bit of a slap in the face if it works in the Digitakt and not the flagship device

3 Likes

Or 3 DIN jacks on the back.

Thatā€™s more likely the answer you want to hear.

Do you own any Elektron machines? Open one up and see how much room there is and you will clearly see the ā€˜right answerā€™

So does this mean I have to have Overbridge or not? Basically the laptop is just a very basic office type laptop that I use for work and is not in my studio, so I do not have any VST host on it, and to be honest I do not want to install one, Iā€™d be into a drag and drop method like the OT and OP-1 have - is that possible?

1 Like

Nope, I remember reading from @Ess or @Olle that there would not be such dragā€™nā€™drop USB-drive style sample loading, unfortunately.

I am totally convinced I donā€™t need a DT.
Or I was, before watching this video.
Now I want to know moreā€¦

2 Likes

Ot + A4.
Sorry to say youā€™re wrong, it is possible to add 4 outputs for A4.

1 Like