Introducing Digitakt

And fills ! Letโ€™s not forget this ! Controlled evolution / 2 patterns in one !!!
:smiley:

1 Like

So apparently thereโ€™s an Elektronauts meetup in Stockholm today, and Simons bringing a Digitakt. Perhaps weโ€™ll find out more from the nauts that attend after itโ€™s overโ€ฆ

4 Likes

How could I forget? Controlled evolution is a great way to look at it. Even though it is nothing like breeding puppies.

2 Likes

Simon also said (in response to someone joking about asking Digitakt questions)

!!!

1 Like

What a dig-tease!

3 Likes

MIDI Capabilities seem to be equal to the ones on the Octatrack: 8 Tracks, p-lockโ€™able CCs and fully polyphonic :slight_smile:

Resampling will surely be possible too - at least i expect that. But it will obviously be in Mono like the actual Sampling. Wouldnt make sense otherwise i guess

3 Likes

Shiny shiny!

hmm โ€ฆ audio? :smiley:

No man itโ€™s a beer pump!

3 Likes

No Audio I found this picture on Instagram :joy:

damn :slight_smile: Seems they really wait till April until we finally hear something from that thing โ€ฆ

1 Like

Digikeg, now I want one!

2 Likes

Nice! Itโ€™s like the balalaika that dispenses vodka! Iโ€™m sold. No overlap on the OT at all.

2 Likes

I see a MASTER button.
I hope this means MASTER FX (compressor, mainly)

3 Likes

Imp AND Exp.

Nice!

short for ___ ? import/export? impulse/exp??

1 Like

this makes no senseโ€ฆ its literally just pressing 2 buttons (or more) rather than 1 button when selecting patterns

its the exact same thing as selecting a pattern, except you just select multiple patterns

1 Like

Sample Import/Export Menu?

It does make sense if you grew up as a โ€œnormal, old-fashioned musicianโ€ who is used to being able to tell yourself or others โ€œplay 8 bars, put a fill on the last one, then we changeโ€ not โ€œplay four bars twice or play some other number of bars repeated using function keys, and weโ€™ll have to think retroactively about how to apply the fill into this process.โ€ Compositionally and in the moment itโ€™s not the same thing, and the decisions you make subsequently in your creative process are affected by how you hear the loop youโ€™re currently working with. I donโ€™t understand why in 2017 I canโ€™t have an 8-bar loop (well, I can, but I need to leave Elektron apparently).