Introducing Digitakt

Looking like an end of April release if Simon is predicting videos etc by April.

And then the inevitable ā€˜whereā€™s my pre-order?ā€™
Followed by ā€˜knew I should have got it from the other placeā€™
Then ā€˜bollocks, now no-one has any stockā€™

Fun dabby dosey

2 Likes

am SOLD already
DT + TX18Z
:yum:

2 Likes

I read somewhere that they werenā€™t pads, they were buttons. So are you guys speculating plastic like buttons, like the ones we saw on the all the other black boxes? Cause i was hoping something similar to rytm, although those pads werenā€™t the best they were still decent to drum a little bit.

yea plastic. new ones but.
Iā€™d love if they were rubber coated plastic, for a "bit of squidge " :slight_smile:

1 Like

i hope they just plastic, this " soft touch " paint peels off after awhile ā€¦ I donā€™t like the back lights ether, but i could live with that.

i think RGB led behind pads can be cool for visual feedback, to show the type of pattern (break, build up, go, go+, fill) etceteraā€¦

5 Likes

back lights rule

i would have preferred some colorful pads like on rytm, without the numbersā€¦ that would have raised the cost for sure though.

I hope ya can record the polyphonic midi in real time via playing chords for example, rather than having to add the extra notes per step via p-locks type thing like the days of old.

3 Likes

Yes, interesting comparison, as long ago, I wondered about the ESX with the tube, etc. One major thing that Iā€™d consider though is that the DT can live sample, the ESX canā€™t.

1 Like

If itā€™s any indication of the design language for products to come, Iā€™m super excited! Those buttons seem nicer than the archaic clunky grey buttons on the AR, A4, OT, etc. Though I admit the current buttons have a bogus mechanical keyboard character. Itā€™s rather charming.

1 Like

And most of all they are pretty solid :smiley:
Thereā€™s a feeling to it, you just know it will work for ages.

Rytm pads are not perfect, but I would have liked that Elektron keep digging in the same direction for new gear.
Some pads Ć  la McMillenā€™s QuNeo would have been great : itā€™s extremely resistant, sensitive, and you can switch from grid mode (each corner does its own thing) to beat mode.

I enjoy using Rytm pads for Mute/Scene/Perf, itā€™s a great UI.
And to hit a beat, well, itā€™s rather decent, you get used to hitting it quite hard, with two fingers. But this is the part they could have done better.

Now picture them larger, with a switch button so that corners replace the standard trigsā€¦ With 16 pads you get 64 trigs !

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trying to decide if the OT is right for me

Not sure if its been adressed yet but is Digitakt pronounced like ā€œdigā€ a hole or like didgeridoo, or is digital pronounced differently in Sweden.

1 Like

Like ā€œdigā€

Dig it actā€¦

All this talk of Digitakt has made me want an Octa even more.

4 Likes

This conversation is becoming to look like AudioFanzine ones :smile:

///

Canā€™t wait to read the manual of this little beast.

1 Like

Now I have Skinny Puppy stuck in my head.

4 Likes