Introducing Digitakt

trig probability on the midi tracks will be nice. I also like how there’s dedicated pads for those channels. I wonder if there will be some interesting ways to send LFOs to different tracks to get over the limitation of 1 per track

To think the MPC live is going to be $300 dollars more! Decisions decisions.

3 Likes

1st midi sequencer for overbridge

5 Likes

I could probably get by with samples.

To me the MPC Live is missing in my setup. And like the DT will coming this summer and seem to be focus on Drums and more MDish way… i bet on MPC + OT combo for dealing with Sample and DT should be cool addition at 2017 ending… I have an eye on Deepmind 12 rack as well…

1 Like

This looks like a great affordable option between the Electribe Sampler & AR. For people that won’t use the Performance & Scene Modes, but want Elektron P-Locks. Plus an 8-Track MIDI sequencer. I wonder what synth parameters it’ll have? Nice to see a Chromatic Mode and lots of other features carried over from the newer black boxes. Interested to see if they announce something in the same form factor that will be like a MnM mk3.

2 Likes

The fact that it supports Overbridge can’t be dismissed.

Let’s wait for the full manuals! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That analog punch tho! Just saying :elan:

2 Likes
12 Likes

MachineDrum voices would be great.
New digital voices would be instabuy

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElektronDigitakt/

Than a couple of years ago? Also, don’t see what analog/digital has to do with the Rytm audio engine.

Legacy machines!

:cb_m: :cb_o: :cb_r: :cb_e: :cb: :exclamation:

6 Likes

"A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capabilty… " I see there is no explicit reference to drum synthesis. There is no reason to believe this machine offers digital drum synthesis of any kind yet I guess.

1 Like

On the box it is described as “8 Voice Digital Drum Computer and Sampler”, which to me suggests it is 8 note polyphonic (8 mono audio tracks).

Looking at the screen picture bottom left where it shows “TRK 01 SMP” I would guess you can have either a sample or a drum sound on a track.

1 Like

Above the OLED is written “8 voice Digital drum computer AND sampler”.

Seems clear enough to me :smiley:

EDIT : @Stickhit :thup:

6 Likes

Since it comes labelled with “Kick, Snare, Tom, Clap, Cowbell, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Cymbal” you can sample whatever you like but you’ll have to submit your samples to Elektron where they’ll go through an approval process before you can assign them to a pad. Can’t go putting cat meows on the cowbell pad.

10 Likes

Seriously…?. Meh…

Looks gimicky and plasticky, like a Novation controller.

God they dont make machines like they used to…

The Silver metal boxes were the best.

I am never selling my MD…

3 Likes

Don’t make LyingDalai crying :wink:

1 Like