Introducing Digitakt

I said I was going to cancel my pre-order, but I’m going to keep my faith in Elektron’s word to “provide a viable option to not having song mode” in regards to pattern chains, and the ability to save them (with a hopefully near future OS upgrade).

My DT should ship today from Sweetwater. Please don’t let me down Elektron. This is my third Elektron box, and provided they keep their word, I’ll buy more in the future. If they don’t, then I’m done with Elektron for good.

No arpeggiator = pretty lacking as a way to sequence external gear, IMO…

EDIT: i meant all gear not just eurorack

Has anyone got an email from Perfect circuit audio? For the digitakt being sent out?

Woohoo got a tracking # from Guitar Center. Finally pulled the trigger today and ordered it after getting an email from them saying it it’s in stock. Gonna be a fun weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t tell if serious or sarcastic?

Fuck.

Uhg.

My wife is going to kill me.

3 Likes

I’m not being sarcsatic, but I sort of misspoke, edited - I meant as a way to sequence external gear in general. It’s pretty bare bones as it is now.

i haven’t gotten anything yet.

edit: just got a shipment email… now i can check the tracking page 100 times a day instead of this thread

2 Likes

Yeah its not a Pyramid Seq. or anything, and maybe :3lektron: will release a box like that in the future. However the ability to master clock other gear (A4 looking at you) and do some external sequencing is a plus though. Pretty perfect for my rig.

Hope it pairs well with my Deepmind 12

What are some things Squarp and Engine do that is better? I understand they can sequence more instruments than 8 and (I’m assuming) save pattern chains.

But with the DT’s trigs and P-locks*, wouldn’t that put the external sequencer in a category that is above bare bones?

*I’ve never owned an Elektron device so I’m not sure I’m using the right terms.

yeah bare bones =
http://images.junostatic.com/full/IS561425-01-01-BIG.jpg

1 Like

This makes me sad, I preorder a month ago, and still have another month to wait. You order and get sent the same day… Australia sucks donkey dick for electronics.

I guess I should buy a synth to keep me occupied while i wait :joy::sob:

1 Like

Totally, Elektron have completely f’d their distribution of the digitakt to Australia.

Maybe they don’t want a boomerang effect…:smirk:

1 Like

If I could afford to maintain a model T i’d still use it as my daily driver to work. So I’m not seeing the point here.

1 Like

perfect circuit audio buyers, they’ve shipped!

2 Likes

Hopefully not?

1 Like

Definitely :sunglasses:

One of the most limited yet expansive instruments I play is the yaylı tanbur. One main playing string and 5 sympathetic strings. Real melodic range of a little over 2 octaves. Limitless possibilities bowed or plucked.

I wonder, if you imagine the DT as a drum kit of potentially 128 wildly distinct things to hit, playing that, I’d feel as if I’d arrived as a drummer. Pour in a dose of modern science and you have a musical instrument the size of a tissue box that is that 128-piece drum kit. Maybe a rare person who intends to gig or produce whole tracks with just the DT, I think. Depends on the genre, what other instruments, if any are combined with it.

1 Like

I know, you would expect a preorder to be exclusive but you end up looking like a fool watching everyone receive theirs and you get stuck with an email saying “backorder”. I put my spot in on March 25th and my retailer says I’m pushed for mid-June. So this morning, I went online to musiciansfriend.com, saw they have Digitakts in stock, pulled the trigger and now it was shipped this evening via express mail.

4 Likes