Introducing Digitakt

If you have a link for one of those videos… :wink:

“compressor as payable upgrade” ? Why not have it included? First it was €650, now it’s €760. Why are you so keen to spend more ?

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com

Nah I’m not so keen on spending money, just trying to be realistic and trying to think from elektrons perspective. They never announced a compressor to be included in Digitakt, so stop complaining :slight_smile: You can of course ask them for anything to build in (how about some machinedrum digital engines, etc.…), but it’s just not realistic… However payable upgrades to the sampler are an valid option and wouldn’t kill any of the other machines. :slight_smile:

So not really time stretching… :slight_smile: Again I would be happy to pay 30-50 Euro for it. Serato is doing this for years. Getting time streach for their dj software costs 30 euro.

can anybody that has received it see whether it has the same midi learn function as the octatrack?

should be FUNCTION + KNOB and next incoming CC# gets assigned to the knob. It’d be great to know if it also works the same way.

Realistically, any [decent] company offering a electronic device plans in additional development of software and features into the total cost of the device. While you would be happy, many on this board, those using it elsewhere and probably many within Elektron would feel that goes against their businesses ideals. Nothing these days releases perfect or at the extent of what it is capable of… Even if they are billed like they are.

1 Like

Thanks. An exemple with a simple 4/4 loop with drums and DT tempo variations would be better.
Fake time stretch seems to work pretty well with AR, so it should work on DT.

Anyway it was good to listen the filters + overdrive again ! :thup:

Easy tiger :slight_smile:

"Simon Apr 24 “We have a few ideas for the Master page, so I’ll refrain from a direct answer at the moment. I’m sure you can imagine a few options that would make sense.”

I’m sure there was supposed to be more on the master page but didn’t make the deadline, so I’m ok waiting for the next OS version.

Btw I think a compressor on the master page would “make sense” (to quote Simon), and maybe I’m not the only one here.

6 Likes

Compressor or no compressor
I just want a DT in my setup so bad!!!

1 Like

Switched On has them: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkjU70jjqv/

Just emailed Perfect Circuit - nothing yet :frowning:

Yeah me too. I hope Moogaudio Canada gets them soon. Afaik I’m on the first batch. It’s so exciting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. I e-mailed them a while ago and they said they put in an order for 30 of them. Who knows if they’ll get that many, but I certainly hope I’m part of the first batch, and don’t have to wait until July or later for the next batch.

I’m picking mine up there too really hoping they might come in tomorrow since I’m going out of town Monday :upside_down_face:

1 Like

See ya guys next week!

19 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microphone to connect to sampler?

I’ve emailed Perfect Circuit twice, I don’t want to overdue it but I NEED THE DIGI

1 Like

I will say I don’t think every value needed to be carried out to two decimal places. Getting the value that looks right is a bit difficult. I just want an even 50 not 49.63 or 50.08 and that can be difficult with the sensitivity of the knobs. [Edit] as @knobgoblin mentions below… I just push in the knobs. Silly me.

However the machine is sounding great, looks great and feels great. I’ll give it a month, but for my needs I think the Digitakt has it covered and my MD MkII will need to find a new home.

2 Likes

Does it lock to integers when you push and move?

1 Like

someone actually posted a video of not just the presets:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUk2OwbAbqY/

5 Likes