Introducing Digitakt

Just curious, what does it do better, apart from conditional trigs?

2 Likes

conditional trigs ā€¦ are all I ever wanted. If elektron would have included that into an OT update Iā€™m not to sure if i would have ordered a digitakt ā€¦ so a smart move from them

1 Like

Thisā€¦threadā€¦so gloomyā€¦and so coldā€¦needā€¦theā€¦yellow OLED burst of a Digitakt!

3 Likes

the manual is up!

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Digitakt-User-Manual_ENG.pdf

Well, no pattern chaining saving is like going to a brothel and hugging a hooker, you are there, but not enjoying what it has to offerā€¦ :joy: Wellā€¦ I honestly hope Elektron releases a firmware update to sort this out. Huge bummerā€¦
I have survived a long time without this feature on my electribe 2, so not a deal braker for me, but definitely a flop.

About the master page, I was actually expecting that (didnā€™t fall for the hype of ā€œsomething specialā€) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Laaaaaate!

2 Likes

No can do. Been answered here a few times already.

1 Like

cheers
looked through the manual again
i think iā€™ll be cancelling my preorder now or iā€™ll have to buy a mixer also

yes and no ā€¦ you can pre listen what you want to sample ā€¦ but probably that will end once you leave the sampling screen

1 Like

once you have more than one synth-device a mixer is anyway a very helpful device and doesnā€™t cost a fortune

1 Like

Whatā€™s so great about conditional trigs? Wouldnā€™t it be possible to do the same functionality with just several different patterns (and you would have more control)?

Did u order directly from elektron?

Just skimmed the manual. Canā€™t see any talk of midi arpeggio or sequencer tempo divisions per track? Maybe I missed it?

So lame if these are permanent ommisions. These features are there on OT midi sequencer, years agoā€¦ Not down with Elektronā€™s tactic of feature juggling between boxes. They should ACCUMULATE this stuff over time. I donā€™t understand the design reasoning unless itā€™s purely business motivated :confused: Not very inspirational if thatā€™s the case.

4 Likes

Im not sure conditional trigs alone are worth the entry fee if one owns OT. OT provides arranger mode and chain saves which is also valuable when setting up things.

1 Like

Got to admit I am somewhat underwhelmed. Iā€™ve not yet cancelled my preorder but must admit I am thinking about it. I have my OT and still tons and tons to learn on it, yet every time I switch it on I have major league fun. Maybe I should just stick with that for now and maybe get a cheaper more basic drum machine and some decent monitors (mine are crappy).

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s hard to justify for anyone owning an OT and on a budget. Could grab an Es2 + microgranny + Beatstep pro/fx pedal for same price (once youā€™ve paid for OB pro)ā€¦ Doesnā€™t really stack up very well looking at it like that.

I went through this decision process, for me there is too much overlap with OT and have chosen to spend that money elsewhere on something more unique, fills a gap in my setup.

1 Like

Canā€™t understand why there isnā€™t better communication on the non-availability of overbridge. Still being trailed heavily on the Digitakt page as a featureā€¦ I know this wonā€™t be he biggest deal for everyone but the digital outs and soundcard capability while travelling are a big part of the DT deal for me here.
Any one from Elektron care to share what ā€˜later this yearā€™ means?

1 Like

They seem to be dragging their feet on OS updates all over the product line. I hope they do some updates soon, I.e. bug fixes on OT which has been promised a while, some of the introduced issues on a4 and rytm with last release.

1 Like

Bazinga. This should work, and I think it can get very advanced tbh.

8 Likes