Introducing Digitakt

I just placed my preorder for the DT with Kraft music!!!

4 Likes

nice, I live about 10 mins from them. Great people!

2 Likes

I live in NY but always do business with them. I started with Novamusik now Kraft. Love those guys!!!

1 Like

This would be amazing, but Iā€™m having a hard time imagining how it wouldnā€™t be a mess UI wise, which seems like a major focus of the DT.

apologies if this has already been coveredā€¦ regarding the inputs, can we simply use a 1/4" adapter for a 3.5 mm (1/8") male plug (in) to ā€œsample from consumer electronic devices featuring a 3.5mm headphone jackā€, or is a different type of cable (to convert to USB) required?

6 Likes

huh

I canā€™t wait more
give it them !

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/hosa-stereo-y-cable-mini-male--2-1-4-mono-males/333053000000154?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKEAjwutXIBRDV7-SDvdiNsUoSJACIlTqlecWVm5JfFt_Z-jOxcTugs1uIQrWX0TeUkLn4llQ5WhoC3jvw_wcB&kwid=productads-adid^156727059247-device^c-plaid^265306775250-sku^333053000000154@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

I agreeā€¦
Been pondering the same choice, MPC Live vs Digitakt.
The MPC just seems to do it allā€¦

butā€¦
There is just something raw and gritty about the Digitakt. I like raw and gritty. Itā€™s deep but at the same time simple. And it just looks fun to use which is very important to me because I make music for funā€¦

2 Likes

Do you guys think the unit will arrive without OB, like AH?

Yep. Same here. I think I want both though.

How I want to use them:

MPC = My main DAW in a box (multitracker for my synths, guitar, and bass; vocals); looper for guitar, bass and synths; practice tool for playing guitar and analyzing my timing; finger drumming; straightforward and powerful external sequencer with multiple midi ports (audio from external gear being sequenced will be run back in for recording); loads of sampling time so perfect for vocals or long samples; polyphonic chromatic sampling (chords)

Digitakt = creative and simple sampler for manipulating audio in ways that the MPC doesnā€™t lend it to; quick step style drum sequencing and pattern creation with little menu diving (so perfect for getting ideas for tracks going); sequencer for external gear in a way that the MPC doesnā€™t lend itself to (trigs, probability, parameter locks, etc).

Edit: I think both are going to be classics.

1 Like

In the Videos it is said that you can get the 8 Tracks into the Daw via Overbridge. But how about the Effect returns/MasterChannel. Is there an Overbridge track for that too?

if Im not mistaken DT uses usb 2.0 and can handle more than 8 tracks but they havenā€™t released the final figures yet as they were currently testing the bandwidth.
id be hopeful itā€™s OB might have both master channel and inputs L & R. seems logical and very possible.
I dunno about fx channel tho. I doubt it.

1 Like

I would assume we get the Master Channel where the Effects are routed to and the 8 tracks seperate. I hope so at least.

Maybe this is the reason for the mono only sample capabilities? Hoefully this will allow all 8 mono tracks plus fx, master and inputs tracks. Thatā€™s 14 tracks!

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Whatā€™s next for Elektron?

Trig-less trigs that activate according to certain conditions already exist in the newer machines.

Now, if there was a way to enable p-locks on an active trig conditionally, that would be NextLevel.png! I think thatā€™s what phaelam was talking about.

Imagine a trig on step 14. You want it to sound each time itā€™s triggered, but you only want the p-lock (say, filter value of 23) active every 4:4 loops.

Iā€™m already blown away by the variety I get from one pattern with conditional-trigs. Combine them with conditional-p-locks!?! I need a cold shower.:shower:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Electronics ban on flights. >:-(

Maybe you could have your normal trigger in step 14, your conditional p-locked one on step 15 and adjust microtiming to have it close to step 14?

5 Likes