Introducing Digitakt

This is Beat Thang for 2017… :joy:

6 Likes

Well we’v seen similar presentation on the last year NAMM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13556750_1201625229868005_201554333_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI4NDk1MDU5ODk3ODIwMzE2OA%3D%3D.2

1 Like

with 8 encoders I imagine there will be a decent number of synth parameters to modify/plock.

will the drum / synth side be simply sample/wavetable based or will there be parameters to modify like the silver boxes with freely assignable machines on a per track basis?

I also imagine the 2x8 pad layout will act like the 16 step keys but with the pads being illuminated you wouldn’t need the traditional LED over plastic trig key style elektron sequencer layout.

also interested on being able to hit the step keys and save trig velocity per step, nicer instead of having to p-lock velocity manually for external sequencing

That’s surprising, considering it has stereo input

I was worried that OT would be the thing of the past, but now I was not worried. :content:

The new machine seems very interesting as well. :thup::3lektron:

Mono is a big disappointment for a digital machine.

1 Like

Since I’ve no longer got an OT, have no plans of ditching my MDUW or MNM, and am now doing most of my sequencing with the Squarp Pyramid, this is actually pretty ideal for my needs of needing a simple but capable sampler, and gives me OB and trig conditions, which were two things I really wished the OT had. A drum synth engine would be a bonus, but my silver machines do me just fine. Quite tempting…will be eager to see it in use.

Misleading how? It’s a fully digital machine.

Bullshit…really when we dont know that much about it nobody is going to make you buy it!

from reddit, a user confirmed with Cenk that the pads are not velocity sensitive.

At long last!!! This was on the Elektron website as a major upcoming feature when the Rytm (or Overbridge, can’t remember now) was released, that was what, ~2 years ago!!? IMO, this feature has failed to materialise in an acceptable amount of time. As much as I love :3lektron:, they’ve left us waiting for far too long for this early announced feature. I’m glad you’re finally getting this out, as I’m sure many others are.

Elektron definitely went through a period of ‘over promise, under deliver’. I have faith that they learnt from that and now we’ll see them under promise and over deliver, going forward. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

so, no confirmation if it has DSP for drum synthesis yet?

that’s kind of important to know. if it doesn’t then it’s a deal breaker for me.

samesies

Lots of confirmation it currently does not, strictly sample based voice only (nor anything to suggest that situation will change)

1 Like

I’m curious if you do remember correctly, haven’t come across it I don’t think…

It’s a sample player. No automatic time stretch. The labels keep things organized for people- nice thing to have. You load your sounds in and shape the sounds to your liking. But pitch up and down will effect the playback speed.

I like they way they’re going. Their machines used to be everything in one box. Sometimes you don’t NEED everything. So, you could have one unit that you REALLY use 25% of it, but the other 75% is surplus. So it looks like they’re going more modular and selling individual aspects of their instruments. Very cool idea. It’s not of any use to me at this point. However, if what they say about this slew of machines coming out is true, it might be of great use to me before the end of the year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sticking to my guns. This drumnmachine has synths dedicated for producing percussion sounds. Otherwise call it something else.

1 Like

Sorry bro.

I WILL say this. Elektron are MASTERS of efficient layout. Look at how functional everything is. Their method of construction and design is top-notch and brilliant!

3 Likes

its meant to be a really fast drum machine, clear layout, hard plastic, sturdy.

fast.

I experimented with this a bit when writing sds transmission code… could be that my memory is borked but I do remember it somehow working.

Maybe it wasn’t useful because the sample basically only would play the attack phase, then loop the loopy bit, but since MD has no note-off, it would never stop looping, so never have a release phase.

Anyway, this would be lush to have both for Rytm and DT. Proper rompling. (this is essentially what a rompler does yes? Never played with one)

edit: I mean you can enable loop in c6, right? This will make the sample loop (in the MD! Not in Rytm). c6 just sets a loop point at zero and another at the end. You can’t edit loop points there, but I think I wanted to know what that does and so wrote it myself to try it.