Introducing Digitakt

I see it as a goog partner fon A4. It seems lacking synthesis and song mode. The A4 provides such details. Other details like timestretch and the way of transfering samples are unknow.

The OT is the superior choice. Song mode, tons of effects, trigs and tricks. This is like a miniOT. Or a Rytm without synthesis, compressor, but with MIDI.

If I only would have an A4 this would be for me the obvious purchase. Owning the OT and a good multitimbral synth, I don’t see any reason to purchase it, unless I decide I dont want to use scenes and save some money with the change.

Anyway, without song mode this machine needs another elektron

More things in common with AR than other Elektrons, isn’t it ?

Yes because sample engine is based on AR so…
From what i read.

A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability, a live-friendly sequencer, the means to control external MIDI gear.”

Ok I’m already checking AR’s manual. :wink:

anyway the machine is not launched, no manual, briefs specifications without the fact that Elektron always gives us things in the life of the product which enhance it… so the Digitakt can be release with some things and maybe 6 month later can get a super nice update with things drastically improve it with new features…

So for now it’s like “speculation” a bit. I’m sure they know what they do and for the price it will be very super cool. it’s like half the price so it must considered as well because it’s clearly not a “BIG” Machine price point of view but seem to be very fair regardless what it’s offer for the amount of it.

2 Likes

Sequencer1 asked: “Looks like the MIDI sequencer will do conditional trigs and other recent tricks. Very cool. Anyone have info about the machines (other than sampling)?”

Jon (Elektron) responded:

This thing is samples only.

1 Like

Jomox have sample based drum, TR909 too (CY & CH, HH)
and it sounds good :wink:

This thing looks sick. Its crazy how, even the jump from AH to DT - they have completely revised the buttons and visual functionality. AH had the form factor, but DT brings all the backlit buttons which to me is very welcome. Thats one of the bummers of the current gen- not really being able to use the thing properly in the dark. I think this unit is going to be crazy fun. I dont need one. But i might want one :slight_smile: Being smaller it could make a great little holiday box. To me this thing actually makes all other Elektron boxes look antiquated. Its their future. But I actually wonder if we’ll ever see larger Elektron boxes ever again. Something tells me we wont.

1 Like

then, why they called it digitakt? cause it samples digitaly? so, if it’d sample analogly they’d call it analtakt?

8 Likes

Not saying it will sound bad, just that it’ll be samples only, no synthesis.

Sure man i just comment as addition so people can not be confused…

Can you have SMP (Sample Slot) as lfo DEST in AR ?

Yes :wink:

2 Likes

If it did analog sampling it’d be a tape machine, so probably would be called anal tape.

5 Likes

And it will be able to sample audio from inputs

Yes

1 Like

Any confirmation on stereo vs mono?

im just saying that digitakt isnt an appropriate name, imo. it’s misleading

1 Like

And you can’t do it in AR…