Introducing Digitakt

You may want to re-check the available (much higher) bit depth for the A4 onwards … my guess is that the encoder resolution just makes the finger tweak feel and acceleration work out differently

1 Like

Just as a means of making my studio smaller. The conditional midi would be cool. I see it as a tiny Elektron sound-altering device. Could make a minimal supplement to the new MPCs, but it only works as a supplement, as I see it.

It’s live sampling is it’s only worthwhile feature to me. Drum samples are SO PLENTIFUL and you’d really need to hunker down and develop a sample budget for loading the unit with. I had to do that Saturday night, loading in new percussive samples from this mega-zipfile into my OT, and it was obnoxious, and I immediately thought of the MPC’s space for a harddrive, That would be excellent.

Also, it’s Elektron, I want to want their stuff

2 Likes

Hmm, looks okay to me, nice to see waveform display return after absence in AR, hope the wave editing is just like or better than the OTs, browser looks good/fast.

Personally I am never going to use Overbridge anyway so not bothered about that, I do hope that sample import does not require Overbridge or that would be a major reason not to buy for me. My computer is a basic laptop, so no possibility or desire to run Overbridge here - that’s why, and because, I use hardware :relaxed:

I don’t think the price seems so bad, given that street prices will inevitably be lower, build looks very nice and I kind of like the design, reminds me a bit of 90’s Boss/Roland.

4 Likes

Dont worry, apparently they are releasing a few more small boxes at the same time as digitakt if you believe those guys over on elektronauts :pl:

1 Like

I’m emotionally confused with Elektron’s last releases. I’m inclined to desire them, but they, unlike their previous catalog, aren’t things that I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO ATTAIN

Here’s hoping for something cool next! My hopes aren’t up until the reason to raise them is provided.

I DO still love their new videos though

2 Likes

Sample transfer and a librarian is included in the Basic version.

To make another thing a bit clearer is that the DAW sync part of Overbridge will be included in the Basic version. The VST will still be used for sync in the Basic version. What you are missing in the Basic is the Audio over USB and the Editor. This to lower the price.

Rytm and A4 is not affected by this and will be Overbridge Premium as standard.

6 Likes

yeah… the DigiWave

1 Like

I agree, they arent synthesizers. I want synthesizers.

1 Like

I always liked a bit of DigiDub myself…

How did this thing go from the announced 650€ to 800€ plus 80€ to fully unlock OB?? You can get a used OT for that money. I was considering a DT, but at that price it’s completely out of question for what it offers.

I’d still like to know what’s going on with that Master Function button that was first displayed in photos at the Stockholm meet up.

Hopeful that it is a compressor or something interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that after been trying it out. The focus of this unit is to be much more direct and it really works. It is not an Octatrack in functionality but it is its strength in some way. There is still so much stuff that you can do and it is really really fun to play around with!

5 Likes

Seriously? Like you have to pay for a fully featured OB? Wow something is going wrong with Elektron. Poorly featured (and expensive) product with nothing original about it plus you have to pay for a full version of OB? Kind of a wtf moment.
As an aside - if you look at the Eurorack scene there is a lot of innovation at the moment.

2 Likes

I was never really into Digitakt in all honesty but was curious about it (as I am all things Elektron). Not having audio over USB as standard is a huge turn off for me though.

It’s probably not too much of a stretch to assume there will be other similar format boxes in the pipeline. A MnM mini perhaps. If the standard is to pay a premium for, amongst other things, audio over USB then I guess I’ll be counting myself out for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but the aim of the unit was to be direct and AFFORDABLE. With the original price point announced at NAMM (which was already pretty high btw) and without the overbridge premium I was looking forward to it, yes. At this price point, weighed against the features it offers, I’m really starting to question it.

3 Likes

And again, Elektron releases a piece of news. And again, we presume, draw conclusions and get angry, based on our assumptions, not trust, in that Elektron’s in the details, the ones that’s yet not revealed.

5 Likes

I dunno man, I don’t ‘want’ to knock Elektron, my OT and AK get used every single day atm… But I can’t shake the feeling that yeah, it probably is great to use, I enjoy using almost any sampler, but it’s hard to justify the price from where I am, just looks very bare bones… Both in functions/fx/voices and also in connectivity and storage. And the ‘pay for OB functionality’ to have access to separate outputs etc is very questionable…

I don’t really see where it fits in/who’s gonna buy it, it’s too expensive to be seen as entry level. And then it doesn’t have the depth/hardware spec (consecutivy/memory etc) of boxes like OT etc. It’s kind of in no man’s land…not in a good way. Like I’d rather spend a little more and get a lot more. Like wasn’t the Deluge this price on its intro deal? Seems pretty easy to see which company is ‘hungry’ and out to impress…

OT2/new big box/keyboard with classic Elektron depth please :wink:

3 Likes

I trust in Elektron to create a great product, on the engineering side anyhow.

But I’ve now got significant doubts about their marketing and sales departments. :cheeky:

agreed, seems like it’s in no man’s land. too expensive for entry-level, not featured enough for the increased price.
and the extra charge to get OB individual outs leaves a bit of a bad taste.

1 Like

There is a lot of depth to it, I can assure you. Wait with those conclusion until you have tried the unit or watch what people do with it.

5 Likes