Introducing Digitakt

Any word about the “digital and highly flexible sound engine” on the Digitakt? I’m especially curious if it will include FM synthesis.

1 Like

I’m really considering replacing my OT with this + MPC [TBT] on the surface it seems like sampling perfection(all that’s missing are the range of FX) the Elektron method seems better suited for short sounds, right? The MPC touch screen looks like a optimal method for dealing and modifying longer samples. If you need something Elektrified just send some outs to the DT inputs live sample it and modify. Send back to the MPC to our back into your ITB arrangement

Eeeeeasy Bro :wink: DT + MPC seem to have a lot of crossover. OT + MPC seem way more unique to each other?
DT is half price of OT. I think people are expecting Elektron to fill it with last minute functions but looking at their pricing across their product range I’d guess they already announced most of em… That or OT is about to become a lot cheaper new.

I mean, possibly you’re right, given the extra space for all them Drum Samples(I just recently got this massive pack of drum samples and it’s a pain to sorta filter through them prior to loading onto my machine. But the DT seems like an optimal sound unit to send sound to to mangle loops and then you still have midi conditions. The DT doesn’t seem optimal for performance, but Forbes composition, could be cool

I might have to sell now, then

Yeh DT looks fun/useful for sure. I’d personally miss Scenes/Fader + stereo resampling/slicing + the extra LFOs etc too much to flip my OT for one tho. Obvs YMMV mate :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah! Shoot! The LFOs! I forgot about them! Think they’d reimplement the freely assignable LFOs from the MD? That’s something Elektron haven’t done yet!

Stereo…right…forgot about that too

3 Likes

After spending a bunch of time on the OT this weekend, I’m positive if/when I get a DT, it would supplement the OT, never replace it. That crossfader is pure magic :smile:

1 Like

The more Ive been using the OT, the more I realize this DT would be a perfect companion… Ive been running into limits with the 8 MIDI tracks, and having another 8 plus sampler would be ideal, especially since it ties directly into the elektron pattern-switching matrix… its starting to look like a no-brainer, especially at that price

1 Like

You could use the 8 DT tracks for drums and the 8 OT tracks for all the weird goodness the OT can do, with 16 tracks of slightly different flavors of Elektron sequencing. Seems like a winning combo to me. When I had an OT I often wished I had more tracks just for drums so I could go nuts with deeper routing and sample manipulation. Kinda makes me want to order a DT and OT right now just thinking about it, actually…

1 Like

I’d go as far as to say that the DT might be a brilliant “sidecar” box for accompaniying any elektron “big box”, be it OT, A4 or AR. More voices + MIDI sequencing with conditions and kits for every pattn (ie. setting MIDI pgm chng, CC etc for every pattern individually)

1 Like

That seems to be the new elektron marketing.
They’re giving us side-dishes (heat, DT) for the main course (OT, A4, RYTM)

1 Like

depending on the functionality of the DT I might end up looking into purchasing a secondhand OT?

1 Like

nearly 800 euro pre order from elektron.
that’s pretty steep :confused:

So, £659 UK pounds. I need to see a bigger demo before considering a pre-order.

‘Shipping starts in May…’

Has the price gone up? Was 600 last time i looked

That demo! Haha.

1 Like

And another 69 for overbridge so 730 in total?

2 Likes

Is there any timeline when the actual demo from Dataline is going to come out?

1 Like

I’m still vague about included functions -
Anyone got the scoop on -

Timestrech?
Internal Resampling?
Bit reduction?
Drag and drop sample import/export?
Any scene/snapshot/fill performance functions?
Slicing?

69€ for Overbridge plus…