Introducing Digitakt II

Picked mine up on my way to work. It will be a long wait until tonight when I get home :grin:

28 Likes

But in addition to this you still shouldā€™ve have 12 volt barrel connector and power brick (OR separate USB-C port with capable power supply) if you want to connect your Digi to a computer, as I bet your computerā€™s USB will not support PD so it will not power up Digi if you want to transfer some samplesā€¦

DT II looks nice (iā€™ve been begging for 128 steps and page + arrow navigation, trig save is awesome) but i cannot get over it why they didnā€™t make it true polyphonic. I just cannotā€¦

1 Like

I suppose. I just thought since he explicitly stated that Elektron planned to release more products based on this new programming architecture that I would see more speculative conversations around that. Maybe Iā€™m missing it in a different threadā€¦

One thing that keeps crossing my mind is that this is the launch firmware, given Elektronā€™s long term firmware update history, it will be very interesting to see what comes down the road.

13 Likes

Are stereo samples important for you?

in 2024?

2 Likes

Was one of my first thoughtā€™s too - those clamouring for slice point management will probably be pleased in about 4 years time.

3 Likes

:smiley:

Yeah, thatā€™s basically one of the few things thatā€™s missing to make DTII the go to one box for fun composition.

In some cases, but not all, not really in an instrument such as this, but nice to have the option. Polyphony (without hacks) would be a bigger draw for me personally.

3 Likes

Quick question on the new Preset Playing Mode:
Trig keys can now play the Sound Pool.
Are those sounds then triggered and recorded on a single track?

Yeah I didnā€™t really understand the grid machine initially, but it actually seems inspired by the original TE-PO-KO auto slice where back to back one shots are sampled into it, although those were still able to be trimmed but I get the idea behind it now. You could resample kits into one pad or create a multi sample mono synth. It definitely needs a trim or adjust option though. Or not, thereā€™s always the metronomeā€¦

Actually, imagine if the grid slice count was fully adjustable :thinking:

Yes

1 Like

IĀ“m imagining a 16-track workflow, where a whole second pattern can be fitted in and unmuted and mixed matched between tracks. Along with page loops, thatĀ“s some depth in a single pattern.

4 Likes

They should have named it the x2 - with the doubling from stero to mono, from eight to sixteen, from 64 to 128, etc. :laughing:

6 Likes

Ordered it - I have to say that I am quite looking forward to this one!

I wish it had some way of having multiple separate outputs - maybe an ADAT output + optional 1/4 expander could have worked?
How about try this for the new Octatrack?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see you can now save kits outside of projects. Cool.
Can you also save patterns outside of projects? (or maybe this has always been the case; couldnā€™t tell from the loopop vid).

Can anyone confirm if the euclidian mode is for audio or midi tracks? Or both???

1 Like