Introducing Digitakt II

Oh, wow.

1 Like

It’s the same price as the original DT was just a few months ago :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I will be waiting for Digitone MKII

4 Likes

That along with the lack of proper polyphony indicates that Elektron are definitely keeping this primarily in the drum machine category.

Plus there are new types of TRC as well - it’s super flexible now they are split this way - not to mention teh ever presence of TRACK probability

No

I’m sure Ricky Tinez would have exerted his influence there. He was obviously a fan of ā€œ16 levelsā€ from the syntakt video and others.

1 Like

Digitakt was my first elektron box. Sold it for an octatrack, but didn’t have enough time to invest the OT, so sold that. After all the great updates, I bought a DT again last year, but then changed my mind and swapped it for a syntakt E25… I was between places, so a ā€˜standalone box’ was more convenient than a sample based box… So glad I made that decision.

After watching a bit of loopop and jeanne’s video, I just had to order. Blown away by how more powerful they made it (3 LFO’s, extra filters, master drive, side chain compression, extra fx, euclidian mode). Congrats to elektron, this is way above expectation!

2 Likes

yes, pop 'em in your freezer for when you need to cue 'em

2 Likes

I’m looking through the vids now; but is slicing now more precise? Or still locked to grid?

How are kits been used? what are they for? kind of got lost in the explanations when I saw loopops video

This is what I really want to know

I had no idea it was already available on syntakt, queue Feature Requests For All Elektron Boxes thread!

1 Like

I’m seeing a reply from Jonwayne that says it doesn’t…

Well on syntakt it’s just 4-levels.

1 Like

It will free my Octa tracks for looping also :slight_smile:

Ordered on thomann, I hope stock eta is right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it have carbon fiber though

9 Likes

I’m hoping that by opening up this page paradigm this could be a development, it feels like a step into and away from the linear sequencer idea - i’m just not so sure that’s a market they are chasing - i’d love this too - my way to get mileage on this is to use song mode to cut the length of pages down from 16

4 Likes

If you could pick one of the new feature to be added to the Digitakt, what would it be, for me 128 steps would be nice

did i get something wrong, 3 LFOs? i thought 2 LFOs from the vids