Introducing Artcore - a new home for electronic music

So can you explain it to me like a child?

Is it no monthly fee and free to sign up, but you just take a cut of the sales?

And can I link a track to here and it generates a player when I paste the link?

1 Like

Weā€™ll definitely be looking into the feasibility of this. :wink:

Hi, . Yep, so first you double click on the internet. Oh sorry thatā€™s explaining to my mother :wink:

Yes, exactly, no upfront or monthly fees for artists or labels. We take our cut and then then after some Paypal fees the artist/label getā€™s the rest. Our standard cut is 20% but for anyone publishing a release before the end of Jan it will be only 5% for a year. There are further discounts for inviting others and weā€™ll aim to reward those who spread the word and help to grow the platform.

If you paste a link, it doesnā€™t generate a player at the moment. That was requested above and itā€™s now on our todo list so weā€™ll make that happen.

Thereā€™s lots of fun stuff coming around feeds, playlists and music discovery too.

1 Like

Hi there,

I created an artist profile and uploaded two pieces already. Feedback about genres: I wanted ā€œAmbientā€ and ā€œFunkā€ for my pieces, and there were not available. They seem to me valid genres.

Alternatively, it could be great to be able to put a custom genre, for when it doesnā€™t fit in the list, as Genre is a mandatory fieldā€¦ Yes, I used tags as well, and selected a genre close enough :slight_smile:

Thanks for the effort! I hope it takes and that we all enjoy a great platform for artists AND listeners!

1 Like

Any one else having severe lag when trying to add genres/tags?
The whole page freezes for 5-15 seconds every time I try to enter something.

Hi. I will make sure Funk is available as a genre.

For Ambient, there is ambient-drone as a genre under Leftfield. Iā€™ve taken this approach from Juno Download.

If you donā€™t feel comfortable using ambient-drone, Iā€™m happy to change and separate to ambient and drone. Let me know what you think.

I wonā€™t do custom genres because it will otherwise get out of control but there is option for custom tags so you can give more specific detail. I can add and adjust genres though so open to your input on it.

There looks like there was a slow down on the search db that might have impacted the site at that moment. Sorry about that. It still needs a bit of tuning for performance.

Hey man, just getting back on to test it out but hit a snag. I saved what I had done as a draft but I cannot find where that is now.
Do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks.

Personally Iā€™d appreciate a separate Ambient from Drone.

Thereā€™s a whole genre (already wide) of ambient thatā€™s not drone and I donā€™t identify this with drone, at all.

But thatā€™s just me :blush:

3 Likes

Hi @amaury
Ambient and Drone are now separate :wink:

Iā€™ve added funk genres and allocated your track to electro-funk - is this how youā€™d like it?

I also fixed the wav file for you. It was corrupted somehow.

I welcome any other feedback/suggestion on the genres. Easier to change now than later!

Genres.

6 Likes

I wish you all the best with the launch of your new platform! Iā€™m considering signing up myself. Out of curiosity, how many artists are you looking to sign up for service before the listeners portion goes live?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the genre additions AND for fixing my file before I had time to do it myself!

I just uploaded a trackā€¦ Do you just put in your email associated with Paypal, or do you have to do something on paypal first?

thx

1 Like

Awesome welcome! Great drum bass track too.

Iā€™ve activated your discount.

Yes, you just need to put your PayPal address in and then when you get sales you can request a payout and it will go to your PayPal account.

If you sell a lot you might need to upgrade to a business account at some point as there are some limitations on personal accounts.

Great to have you on board.

1 Like

Hi Cepheid. Thanks for the kind words. Thereā€™s no specific number. It just needs to be enough to give me a chance to work out some kinks and to give fans a bit of an initial catalogue to buy from. Itā€™s growing every day. Looking good to go public in early Feb.

1 Like

I got a couple other tracks that I think could go up that arenā€™t just recorded jams, like most my music that is on this forum. I could try to put it up tonight or tomorrow.

Is there a maximum file size? Trying to upload 2 x 20 minute tracks in 24/48 wav, approximately 360mb each. Will you be adding FLAC support later?
Thanks, Tim

Hi @Lightform. Sorry about that. Yes, there is a 150mb limit at the moment. I can increase it though.

Out of interest, what kind of musical pieces are they?

Regarding flac, do you mean for download?

If so, yes, Iā€™ll definitely add that soon. In the meantime you can download wav and convert to flac with vlc.

The download is super fast, names them nicely and bundles multiple files in a zip.

Yeah do it! Would like to get more dnb on. Maybe you can invite your drum bass producer mates too!

The other tracks are more house type beatsā€¦ Iā€™ll let them know.