Introducing Artcore - a new home for electronic music

@Claid and @LAMPED need to put their Johnsons away.

2 Likes

S09E04-5HUNz0bO-thumb

5 Likes

What a coincidence that is.

3 Likes

I believe in coincidence less and less.

3 Likes

Hi, sorry I answered your question but I didnā€™t click reply.
Hopefully youā€™ve seen it now.

Weā€™ve extended the early-bird discount period till end of January.

So if you have music to release, this is the time to join!

Hope to have you onboard.

1 Like

I get the feeling some might be a little suspicious of artcore or itā€™s promotion, Iā€™ll give you a break :slight_smile: Iā€™ve signed up and put out a releaseā€¦
It was nice UX and pain free to navigate and straight forward to upload and prepare the release. Nice work and good luck with your endeavour @orbita

4 Likes

Do I really have to create an account just to listen?

5 Likes

Oh dear :frowning: Iā€™ve suggested an inline player would be great, I guess that is what beta programs aim to reveal, flaws/features such as this.

4 Likes

I can understand the need for full registration to post music but to just listen itā€™s a bit much. Bandcamp and youtube donā€™t require that and last time I clicked a Spotify link (it was quite some time ago) it wanted me to create an account and I have consequently never listened to Spotify.

Not trying to harsh anyone with this, just my honest two cents.

19 Likes

Hi @Annihilation_Squares

As you say, that wouldnā€™t be be ideal at all. Thankfully, you wonā€™t need to soon.

Itā€™s just currently in a private beta mode while I invite artists and labels on to the platform. iron out remaining issues and build up the initial music.

In a couple of weeks, Iā€™ll make be making it public and you wonā€™t even need to register to purchase.

So far Iā€™m only focussed on promoting it to producers/labels etc.

Sorry for any confusion and thank you for your candid feedback.

10 Likes

Hi @kryten42 welcome on board. Great to see that youā€™ve created a release and found the UX worked well. Iā€™ve spent a lot of time trying to get that right and intend to continue refining it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Great suggestion - Iā€™ve added to the list. Planning to build various embeddable components and this would be very nice.

I want to get the core stuff working really well and then Iā€™ll add the extra stuff.

2 Likes

Excellent! Please be sure that Iā€™m behind you all the way and am glad that you didnā€™t take my criticism (which I hope was constructive!) in a bad way. Iā€™m fairly new to putting out my own music. Bandcamp hasnā€™t done me wrong yet but given their new ownership I feel like itā€™s only matter of time. Iā€™m going to continue to mess around on that platform but youā€™re very likely to see me over your way somewhat soon too. I wish you success!

2 Likes

Can I put a release on your site and Bandcamp? Only asking as I have a lot of stuff there already. Cheers

1 Like

Hi Francis.

Firstly, thanks for your interest.

Yes, you can - as long as you have the rights to publish your music then no problem. Neither Bandcamp nor Artcore restrict you from releasing your music on other platforms.

If you have a contract or licensed your music to a label or have an exclusive agreement with another platform, then you would need to check with them first.

Look forward to having you on board!

1 Like

No, not at all. All feedback is valuable and I have a relatively thick skin :wink:
Thanks again and look forward to seeing your releases on the site!

1 Like

Are you considering adding label services like generating codes for release?

1 Like

Hi Tikoda, Thanks for the question. Iā€™ll take any suggestions into consideration.

I presume you mean ISRC and UPC codes. Hopefully - Iā€™ve started looking into those but itā€™s non-trivial so will need need to better understand the requirements. I also plan to submit data to the charts.

Which other label services you would want?

Thanks!

Iā€™m personally still not satisfied with any of the distribution services, something that did what your service does but also did the distribution to other services and codes etc would be awesome. Possibly too muchā€¦ haha

1 Like

Hello,
I never used bandcamp or beatport or anything else.
Maybe I can try your platform for my first experience.
Look interesting on the paper.

Edit: And the fact we can talk directly to the admin is a big advantage :slight_smile:

2 Likes